Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas Blessings

Today in the city of David
a Savior has been born to you;
He is Christ the Lord.
Luke 2:11

I hope your Christmas has been merry!

Christmas Eve is always very busy for us.  My oldest son and I were involved in all three church services last night.  I played organ/piano duets and in the bell choir.  My son worked in the sound booth taping the services and then he was a little "elf" helper for the bell choir.  Between services, all of us who were there for the evening were served a wonderful lasagna dinner.  My husband and youngest son came for one of the services and then they hung out at home eating leftovers!!

I love all of the the church services but I am exhausted!  After all the rush of this month and our busy Christmas Eve, the "peace" of Christmas is finally descending on me this morning. I am sitting here on Christmas morning in complete surprise that my children are not up yet for presents.  So I am enjoying a cup of coffee and reading blogs.  What a wonderful way to start my day!

I have a few last Christmas cards to share. 

For my husband - I'm not saying he's overweight...
OK, maybe I am.  He is also totally scruffy as he
participated in No-Shave November and hasn't
shaved it off yet!

For my youngest - Erik is my stubborn and
opinionated child so we tend to regularly
find ourselves at odds.  I'm hoping he
is amused by this instead of thinking I'm
making a statement!

For my oldest - Andrew is my teenager, with the typical
teen sense of humor.  I thought that he would
appreciate this odd little play on words

I also made sets of cards as a Christmas gift for our bell choir director and for our church pianist/organist. 

This was for the bell choir director for all of us to sign.






As much as I love Christmas colors and papers and glitter and beautiful stamps, I am glad to be done with all of the cards.  I'm going to spend tomorrow getting them all put away and then I need to get back to my goal of using all of my SU sets!!  I only have one week to finish.  Watch for lots and lots of posts!

Four Stages of Life Santa
  • Stamps: Darcie's Clear Set
  • Inks: Memento black, copics, Stampin' Up Creamy Caramel (on edges)
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Bashful Blue, Garden Green, unknown dsp scrap
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up Poppy ribbon, decorative label punch, Cuttlebug snowflakes, Martha Stewart white flock

Is It Too Late?
  • Stamps: The Cat's Pajamas (Note: the sentiment is actually computer generated because I seem to have lost the actual stamps)
  • Inks: Memento Black, copics
  • Paper: PaperTrey Ink Ripe Avocado, Scarlet Jewel, Basic Grey dsp
  • Accessories: PaperTrey Scarlet Jewel ribbon, EK Success border punch, various stickles
  • Challenge: Pals Paper Arts sketch challenge












Peas on Earth
  • Stamps: Penny Black
  • Inks: Memento Black, copics
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Dashing, Real Red, Old Olive
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up Old Olive satin, decorative label punch
  • Challenges: Technostamper sketch challenge










God Bless Us Everyone
  • Stamps: Impression Obsession
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Always Artichoke, Creamy Caramel on edges
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Cherry Cobbler, Always Artichoke, Deck the Halls dsp, misc scrap of gold on bell
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up Artichoke seam binding, Cricut Quarter Note cartridge
  • Challenge: Lord Have Mercy sketch challenge










Musical Gift Sets
  • Stamps: Verve thank you and birthday, H&M Stamps friend, PaperTrey May the Lord, Stampendous musical background
  • Ink:  Stampin' Up Celery, Saffron, Rose Red, Baja
  • Paper: Stampin' Up CS and dsp in Celery, Saffron, Rose Red, Baja
  • Accessories: Cricut Quarter Note Cartridge, misc black satin
  • Challenge: same as previous card (looks really different, doesn't it?)


3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh...such fabulous cards! I love the layout that you used for the sets. And a great job with the PPA sketch...an adorable card! Thanks for joining us at Pals Paper Arts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowzers! These are all wonderful! What great cards. Sorry I am so late on commenting, have had VERY limited computer access as hubby tried to fix mine. Thanks so much for playing along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing ... all of the cards are beautiful! Thanks for playing along with PPA.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!