Monday, August 12, 2024

Sunday Stamps: Country Flowers

Lately, I find that I almost always use dies vs stamps/coloring but the Stampin' Up set Country Flowers called my name and it's all about the coloring.  I used it once here but decided to keep it my current basket of supplies until I'd used the other stamps in the set.  The colors at Sunday Stamps were just begging to be used in the an array of richly colored flowers so out came my Country Flowers!  Funny story though - I got this card all done and then realized I'd used exactly the same teapot and flowers as my first card!!  Clearly I have favorites!

Sunday Stamps: Country Flowers



The colors they picked are just stunning.  I think the rules say you have to use at least 3 - I used 6!  Since there was no green for the leaves, I used the curry color to gave it a fall vibe (or at least an August vibe!)  

This set is so much fun to work with although I've clearly lost the limited coloring skills that I had (see the obvious lines in the pot and the fact that the light part is under the flower where there should be shadow).  It definitely takes practice. I doubt I'll dive back into it because my die cutting collection is out of control, but if there are other fun sets, we'll see!

Thanks to Sunday Stamps for the inspiration. 

SUPPLY LIST
Stamps: Stampin' Up Country Flowers and Sending You Thoughts
Dies: Stampin' Up Country Flowers and Scalloped Contours
Paper: Stampin' Up Island Indigo cardstock, Crushed Curry dsp
Other: Stampin' Up Eyelet 3D Embossing Folder

2 comments:

  1. Just beautiful, Kim - I love the rich color and crisp detail you have here! Lovely! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you gave this set more playtime, Kim! That teapot is charming. Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!