Wednesday, August 14, 2024

Freshly Made Sketches: Hummingbird Birthday

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Amy and here’s what I did with it!
 
Hummingbird Birthday


When I first saw the sketch, I was excited because I knew I had that shape in my collection and I could follow the sketch exactly. But when I dug it up, it turns out it was too big and stretched across the entire card so would hide the stripes. While digging through my stash, I saw this poor hummingbird which has been languishing in my not-yet-used stash for a long time. So I convinced myself that the unique shape in the sketch could be a hummingbird!

I picked some bright blues and greens to mirrow the main colors of many hummingbirds. Then I added stripes in the same colors with striped dsp for one and the sentiment on another. I thought I was done then realized that little hummingbird needed something to hum around so I found this fun embossing folder in my stash to give him a few flowers.

I hope to see you playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

SUPPLY LIST

Stamps: Waffle Flower Elegant Sentiments

Dies: Creative Expressions Triple Layer Hummingbird

Paper: Stampin' Up Lemon Lime Twist, Summer Splash and Granny Apple Green

Other: Pink & Main Daisies Embossing Folder

6 comments:

  1. Kim, your hummer was such a great stand-in for Amy's shape! and really beautiful - as is this embossing!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely Kim! A wonderful mix of patterns and textures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning with that very unique hummingbird and the lovely embossed background. Love the bright colors also!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors you've used on this pretty card, and that embossed background is perfect. Beautifully done, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful take on the sketch--your hummingbird is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this hummingbird is fabulous and looks wonderful against the embossed background!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!