Wednesday, August 7, 2024

Freshly Made Sketches: Ho Ho Ho

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Narelle and here’s what I did with it!
 
Ho Ho Ho


I totally missed Christmas in July.  It's been a tough year at work and any creative mojo, let alone Christmas mojo, has been long gone. I decided this past weekend to not work any more overtime and to try to let it go mentally - and I did it by proclaiming this past Saturday as Christmas.  I made Christmas cards all day.  And I wore a Christmas T-shirt, drank coffee out of a Christmas mug and played Christmas music and movies. My guys even humored me - when my son woke up, he ran into my office shouting "Merry Christmas" and gave me a big hug!  It was all very refreshing - I think I need to proclaim a day of Christmas every month!  

With Christmas in mind, Narelle's sketch had to be "ho ho ho"! I found a bold "ho" die in my not-yet-used stash and cut three, angling the "O" when I adhered them.  I found some paper that matched the theme and added a "Be Very Merry".  It's all a little different from my normal look but I'm happy with it - and it will likely go to the son who shouted "Merry Christmas"!

I hope to see you playing along with us this week at Freshly Made Sketches.

SUPPLY LIST

Stamps: The Stamp Market Heaps of  Holiday Words

Dies: The Stamp Market Ho

Paper: Bella Blvd Holly Jolly Christmas

Other: Honey Bee Stamps White Gem Stickers

5 comments:

  1. Kim, your Christmas Day-a-month is a great plan! Well done using some of that darling patterned paper, too! Love it!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! But not as cute as your special day and your special guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card and what a fun idea -- a day of Christmas every month! I'm glad you were able to have your own holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun take on the sketch, Kim! Ho happens to be my daughter's last name and with three children, I may CASE your design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ho Ho Ho is just perfect for this sketch! What a fun card! And well done you for taking some time for yourself.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!