Wednesday, August 21, 2024

Freshly Made Sketches: So Very Thankful

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Judy and here’s what I did with it!

So Very Thanksful

It's my very first Thanksgiving card of the year!  Why is it that we can make Christmas cards all year, but you don't see many fall cards being made in winter or spring?!  For me, this card is a bit of a stretch from the sketch. I'm a pretty literal person. But as I was contemplating what to make, my phone dinged that a package had been delivered to my mailbox and that package included this wonderful Autumn Inlay die from Concord & 9th! So the three panels on the sketch became three rows of fall colors!!

So Very Thanksful

I added shimmer to the leaf above the sentiment. I like a little shine on my autumn cards because there is nothing more beautiful than frost on autumn leaves!

I hope to see you playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

SUPPLY LIST

Stamps: Concord & 9th Playful Pumpkins and dies

Dies: Concord & 9th Autumn Inlay die 

Cardstock: Stampin' Up Lost Lagoon, Old Olive, Crushed Curry and Taylored Expressions Sweet Potato Pie 

Ink: Stampin' Up Pretty Peacock

4 comments:

  1. I love fall colors! This is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see the sketch in your pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is a beautiful fall card! I love those rich colours and those leaves are divine! So perfect for fall! I think we should make fall cards all year round!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, This is such a clever use of the sketch, Kim! The bright fall colors look absolutely fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!