Friday, August 30, 2024

52 Christmas Card Throwdown: Embossing

 I was inspired by the current technique challenge at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown: Embossing. I decided to use embossing folders. Although I use them on a regular basis, typically they are just background but for the challenge, I wanted to integrate them into the design.

Embossed Peace


I started out with just the embossing folder that's in the background - the Simon Says Fir Tree Branches folder. It has a nice layout because the branches come from two corners instead of all over. I figured a big sentiment on top and some winter sparkle was all it needed.  I still want to do that but with the challenge, I wanted a little extra so hit on the idea of a window looking at the branches.  Then I found the arched window by Avery Elle in my not-yet-used stash and "peace" became my theme!

I cut three of the windows to layer them up. I added some wood plank embossing to the wall. The "peace" is a die set that coordinates with a sentiment set by PhotoPlay. They have a number of options in their "Say it with Stamps" line that often come in handy. I had some snowflake sequins out but it needed something to balance the sentiment so that led me to a Christmas star.

I'm happy with the way this turned out. I'm not a big fan of the hustle and bustle and the "noise" of December but I adore Christmas Eve. Our church service is all about peace with candles and "Silent Night" and that's when it's finally Christmas and I'm ready for the joy of Christmas day. 

Thank you to 52 Christmas Card Throwdown for the inspiration.

SUPPLY LIST

Stamps: Photoplay Peace & Joy

Dies: PhotoPlay Peace & Joy, Avery Elle Arched Window Die, Memory Box Star of Wonder

Other: Simon Says Stamp Fir Tree Branches Embossing Folder, Stampin' Up Pinewood Planks Embossing Folder

10 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful card! The embossed white on white scene and touches of gold are just gorgeous! Perfection! Sue N

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I like this! What a great idea to use the embossing folder this way. Beautiful card, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your cards, particularly this one…..love white on white, love all the layers and the gold adds extra elegance, Beautiful xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Christmas card. Love our design and it does look peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is so peaceful and gorgeous! I love white on white!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The double embossing and gold foil elements make this a truly stunning card Kim - just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very lovely card. It's so detailed and yet so clean. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woow, so elegant, stunning and gorgeous creation!
    Absolutely love your idea with the window all in white with a touch of gold and a big sentiment! Perfection! Thank you for joining us at our embossing challenge at 52CCT. Valentina DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!