Friday, August 16, 2024

Season's Greetings with Eclectic Trees

I don't know why this is a surprise every year...but I'm behind on Christmas cards. I don't send enough that I have to mass produce, but I do send more than enough that I need to start earlier than August!  So I treated myself to an entire Saturday recently that was all about Christmas cards - I even had Christmas music playing!  I didn't get as many done as I had hoped, but my personal goal for that day was simply to enjoy the process even knowing that my process is insanely, overly long!  I have a few that I want to share here because they use products that I love!

Season's Greetings with Eclectic Trees

I love this tree die. The card that made me fall in love with it is entirely different than this one. Check out the shiny, sparkly monochromatic samples here in the Simon Says Store.  I love that a die can take on entirely different looks (or at least that's how I often justify the purchase)!  I went in a different direction and used the new in colors from Stampin' Up doing something different for each tree.  The peach tree is glittered, the shamrock and summer splash trees use dsp, the pink tree is embossed and the petunia tree just uses matching dots.  

I needed a long sentiment for the base and found this Paper Rose die in my not-yet-used stash. I like its chunky look espcially with the unique look of these trees.

Although one of my goals was to clear out my Christmas not-yet-used stash, I think the trees may stay there because I thoroughly enjoyed working with it and want to try some different looks before I file it away!

SUPPLY LIST
Dies: Simon Says Stamp Eclectic Tree Outlines, Paper Rose Season’s Greetings Chunky
Paper: Stampin’ Up cardstock in Pretty in Pink, Petunia Pop and Peach Pie, dsp in Shy Shamrock and Summer Splash
Other: Heat n Stick Powder with clear glitter, Stampin’ Up 2024-2026 In Color Shimmer Gems

2 comments:

  1. Those are some fun funky trees and I like your color choices! Terrific card, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fabulous die! Adorable card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!