Wednesday, August 28, 2024

Freshly Made Sketches: Sophisticated Sled

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Jen Timko and here’s what I did with it!
 
Sophisticated Sled


I fell in love with this sled die by Stampin' Up. Every single piece of it has amazing details. For instance, the laces on the skate actually slide into a slit on the skate so they look like laces over the tongue of the skate. It's amazing! There's also a wreath in the set so I definitely need to make a Christmas-colored card using the wreath vs. my frosty blue card with ice skates!

The set has been on my desk for awhile so when I saw Jen's sketch and realized that her oval is remarkably sled-sized, it had to come out to play. I added some snowflakes on the white panel and woodgrain on the blue. Then I gave it all some elegance with champagne foil and gems. The sentiment is from a retired set but I tend to keep sentiment sets forever because you never know when one might fit and be the perfect match for a card.

I hope to see you playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

SUPPLY LIST

Stamps: Stampin’ Up Brightest Glow

Dies: Stampin’ Up Sophisticated Sled Dies, Wreath Builder dies

Paper: Stampin’ Up Boho Blue, Basic Beige, Pebbled Path, Champagne Foil and 2023-25 In Color 12x12 Luster Specialty Paper

Ink: Stampin’ Up Boho Blue

Other: Stampin’ Up Champagne Rhinestone Jewels and Pinewood Planks, Winter Snow Embossing Folders




6 comments:

  1. That it a pretty set and I like what you've done with it! The blue and metalic accents are pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card! The details on these dies is amazing. And I love the frosty blue

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I had this bundle in my shopping basket, as I really liked it and didn't have anything similar in my stash, but hadn't pressed 'close' - until I saw this card this week Kim, and it made my mind up - done! This is so lovely - I especially love the cool colour scheme you chose too. I can't wait for mine to arrive so that I can play - first up, a case of this beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That oval was exactly the right size for the sled and I LOVE it! Wonderful detail and I love your colors on this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! What a lovely winter card, Kim! These die cuts are absolutely gorgeous and I love the colors, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. True confessions: I puled out this set to use with this sketch because I thought it was perfect for the sketch......and then I saw your card.....gorgeous!! Just slid the set back on the shelf....lol....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!