Monday, August 19, 2024

52 Christmas Card Throwdown: Snow People

I have a love/hate relationship with very detailed die sets - like the Tim Holtz Colorize or the fabulous snowmen from last year from Memory Box. I love the finished product, but my eyes and my fingers just don't handle the little pieces any more.  So this poor little snowman (and there's a bigger version) have been languishing in my not-yet-used stash until the challenge at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown inspired me to use him on a card.

Memory Box Snowman


I really do love the detail in this little guy - that flowing scarf is so much fun.  I also had the sled die from Memory Box so decided to have him sledding down a hill. Then I found this sentiment, also from Memory Box, so I made him sled down the sentiment!  All in all, I like the results even though it gave my eyes and my pointy little tweezer a real workout!

Thanks to the 52 Christmas Card Challenge for inspiring me to finally use these dies.

SUPPLY LIST

Dies: Memory Box Little Bundled Snowman, Layered Sled, Merry Christmas Posh Script

Paper: My Favorite Things Cool Collab, cardstock in Tropical Teal and Red Hot

Other: Buttons Galore Caribbean Sea Doo Dadz

6 comments:

  1. I am right there with you on those itty bitty wee little dies! They look so cool and the end result is amazing, but I ALWAYS seem to get glue all over my fingers AND the card! Your little sledding snowman is as cute as can be, so I am glad that you stuck it out (no pun intended) and shared this with us! I predict a winner for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know firsthand the struggle is real, Kim! But OH do I love the finished result of your struggles! Just a darling snow-dude and really wonderful colors and dsps, too!
    Now, is you were only retiring in Michigan so we could trade some of these sets on occasion!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your snowman is adorable as is your card. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of those MB dies dies add up to a whole lot of CUTE! Love this happy little snowman and the wonderful colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun card! Your CAS scene is just delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. elle est trop jolie Kim, superbe et adorable bonhomme de neige, merci de jouer avec nous chez 52CCT, biz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!