Wednesday, July 3, 2024

Freshly Made Sketches: Heal Peace Rest

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Linda and here’s what I did with it!

Healing, Peace, Rest


OK, I admit it. I've been looking for an excuse to use this set so I made it fit the sketch. I haven't colored in forever. I really need to do it more because I thoroughly enjoyed making this card. I also store my Copics way too far away from my crafting table and it's just a complicated step to use them. But I already had them out finding my Copic matches for the new Stampin' Up in colors so decided to show off all of my picks. 

I added cardstock in each of the colors so you can see whether you like the Copic colors that I picked. Just keep in mind that (1) cardstock impacts the colors and (2) your eye impacts the color. Yellow is my best example (although there isn't a yellow in this batch).  I'm not a fan of plain yellow.  I don't know why because I know plenty of other people who pick it as their favorite color. That's my eye. So when I pick a Copic match for yellow (and remember, I did these matches for my use - I am not associated with Stampin' Up in any way), I will always tend toward a more golden hue than a bright yellow. It may not be the best match, but it will blend well and it's what I would use.

These are the Copics I used on my card.  The lighter of each of these colors is my pick to match In Colors.  The full chart of my selected Copic Markers for all Stampin' Up are available here and always on my sidebar. 


I hope to see you playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

SUPPLY LIST

Stamps: Stampin' Up Country Flowers, Comforting Thioughts

Dies: Stampin' Up Country Flowers and Stylish Shapes, My Favorite Things Oval Shadows (retired)

Cardstock: Stampin' Up Pretty in Pink, Petunia Pop, Peach Pie, Shy Shamrock, Summer Splash

Other: Stampin' Up Eyelet 3D Embossing Folder, Adhesive-Backed Dappled Dots

10 comments:

  1. Pretty card, Kim! I like your color choices. Happy 4th to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seeing the embossed background of your card inspired me to use a similar cover die I have to emboss some cardstock so I now have 3 panels to use next time I'm ready to create some cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Copic coloring is fabulous....and what a fun set on which to practice! LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! I love it! I think y

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops! on my previous comment! So sorry. I love your card and think you matched the Copic colors beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card and lovely coloring of those blooms. Love the sentiment too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully done! I will be checking out your charts for the new color Copic matches!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love this card! That background is so pretty and compliments the image perfectly! Who doesn't love a teapot full of flowers?! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you pulled those Copics out! This is really wonderful and I am glad you found the right excuse to color this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh! This floral teapot is absolutely amazing! Such a fabulous coloring job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!