Wednesday, July 31, 2024

Freshly Made Sketches: Comfort and Joy

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Karren and here’s what I did with it!

Comfort and Joy


I still had this Stampin' Up dsp out from this card a couple of weeks ago when I challenged myself to use patterned paper. And then this sketch came along and I realized I could use more of it. I have issues with patterned paper. First, my cardmaking style just doesn't use a lot of it but second, when I get paper I love, I refuse to use it because I might run out.  I definitely have issues!  This is the retired Stampin' Up Garden Walk and I am so wishing I would have purchased multiple packs. 

I also got Stampin' Up's Paper Florist dies when they were retiring (and heavily discounted). I have so many flower dies but I love the wonky look of all of the dies in this set and I thought this one worked really well with the patterned paper even though it's not a poinsettia.  

And since I was all about retired sets, I used this sentiment from the retired Stampin' Up Christmas Classics which will always stay in my stash simply because of this one sentiment!

Given the record-setting heat outside my window, I am definitely enjoying fooling my mind into thinking Christmas!

Speaking of heat, I am getting ready to walk to work at my new office.  Heat bad - but walk good! Our offices are being renovated and expanded so my department was chosen to relocate for 18 months and in a stroke of amazing luck, the new offices are about 3/4 mile from my house!!  I am so excited - I have visions of so many more cards coming out of my craft room.  First of all - 3/4-mile commute so I'm home quickly! But secondly, I'm bound to get an energy boost from walking home instead of driving and then immediately collapsing on the sofa from a hard day. So it's nighmarishly hot outside but I've been waiting for this new office for weeks and I'm definitely walking.  It will be interesting to see if I call my husband or son at the end of the day to rescue me from 100 degree walk home.

I hope to see you playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

SUPPLY LIST

Stamps: Stampin' Up Christmas Classics (retired)

Dies: Stampin' Up Paper Florist (retired), Tasteful Labels (retired)

Paper: Stampin' Up Garden Walk dsp (retired), cardstock in Poppy Parade, Wild Wheat, Granny Apple Green

Ink: Stampin' Up Pretty Peacock

Other: Stampin' Up 2023-25 In Color Opaque Sparkle Dots

6 comments:

  1. Good luck with that walk, Kim! I give you credit in that heat!
    I understand completely why you'd want to 'save' these papers - how wonderful - that bottom stripe almost looks like louvers! Now why don't I hear about these great sales? I'd have scooped those wonky blooms up in a heartbeat! What a darling card - Karren's sketch was perfect!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe thinking about this pretty winter card will help keep you cool! 100... good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the way you used those gorgeous papers Kim and Karren's sketch was made for papers! Love the stroke of luck that has made your commute so much easier :) Hope you are finding that walk invigorating even in the sweltering heat! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have hated all the heat this summer!! And And since I had a 35 minute commute for 35 years I am crazy jealous of your walkable job! Pretty holiday card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you added some space between the different papers. I thought about doing that but it was too much Math for my brain. Keep cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done you for using up some patterned paper :) This is a gorgeous Christmas card and the floral dies are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!