Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Freshly Made Sketches: Celebrate

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Jacquie and here’s what I did with it!

 Celebrate

I started this card by figuring out what I wanted to use in the open space. I decided to go with a big and bold "celebrate"! This is the Celebrate Tag by Reverse Confetti (but I didn't use that tag part). It comes with the background that has all the letters together. I did it in white, but popped it to differentiate from the background. Then each letter is cut separately. I pulled out a pad of stripes and dots from Sunny Studio and just randomly started cutting. LOVE the look!

Then I picked three colors and cut the stripes. I did go with a narrow stripe otherwise my "celebrate" just didn't fit. Just to make it more of a celebration, I added a few polka dot stars.

Celebrate

I LOVE this sketch.  Be sure to check out what the rest of the design team did with it - and as always, I look forward to browsing the ideas in the gallery! I hope to see you playing along with us this week at Freshly Made Sketches.

SUPPLY LIST

Dies: Reverse Confetti Celebrate Tag, Pretty Pink Posh Stitched Stripes

Paper: Sunny Studio Dots & Stripes Pastels Paper

8 comments:

  1. This is fun and pretty and perfect for a celebration! I love the gorgeous color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cheerful card, Kim! Love the addition of the little stars!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super cute card! I just love the giant sentiment and bright colours! This will totally brighten someone's day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally fun! Love all the bright happy colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun and cheerful! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This design is so fun and happy, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great way to use patterned paper! Very happy card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This is a super fun and cheerful take on the sketch, Kim. This mix of patterns and colors is absolutely awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!