Wednesday, June 22, 2022

The Card Concept: By the Sea

There’s a new inspiration challenge at The Card Concept: By the Sea! My Clean and Simple card was inspired by the colors and by the soft and gentle feel of the inspiration photo. 

Reverse Confetti Birthday Flowers

I know the title of this challenge is "By the Sea" and I really did start in that direction.  I was going with the colors, then I went digging in my stash for a big sand dollar that I have. It's a die by Reverse Confetti and as I was looking for it, I saw these flowers, also by Reverse Confetti, that I had not yet used. I immediately envisioned them in the soft blue and soft green - so I let go of the theme! Although I do think that the color scheme still gives it a soft beachy look.

Other subtle things on my card are pulled from the inspiration.  It really is amazing what ideas a photo can give you. I angled the sentiment panel because of the slight angle of the table. Then I added the background "stripes" because of the slats of wood. 

Reverse Confetti Birthday Flowers

The other reason for the change in direction is that I simply don't have much in my stash for ocean themes.  I was born and raised in South Dakota and have spent my adult life in Colorado - not so many beaches nor seas in those states! We have done some ocean vacations with my very favorites being twice to the Outer Banks of North Carolina and some time in Maine. Both were quiet and peaceful and stunningly gorgeous with the same soft colors as are in the inspiration photo. I thoroughly enjoyed reminiscing as I was creating this card!

I hope to see you playing along with us at The Card Concept.

SUPPLY LIST

Stamps: Reverse Confetti Whole Lotta Happy, Sending Smiles (and dies)

Dies: Reverse Confetti Happy, Along the Dotted Lines Cover Panel

Paper: Stampin' Up Soft Suede, Papertrey Ink Spring Rain, Taylored Expressions Toffee

Ink: Papertrey Ink Spring Rain, Stampin' Up Mint Macaron (stamped off once) and Soft Suede, Taylored Expressions Toffee

2 comments:

  1. I love these gorgeous, soft colors and the pierced background. Beautiful card, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pastel look, this is charming!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!