Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Freshly Made Sketches: So Happy for You

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Judy and here’s what I did with it!
 
So Happy For You


This is my second card today.  The first uses retired products by Stampin' Up.  This card uses almost all new products!  The colors are the new in colors. I wasn't sure I'd love them (I'm not affiliated with Stampin' Up in any way so I can say that!) but I think I'll be using them a lot.  The red is fabulous - it's so much "softer" than any other red without leaning into pink.  The two bluish/purples are going to be fabulous for winter cards. The green and turquoise and are pretty close to past colors but they are colors that I loved so I'll embrace those too.  BTW - I do have Copic color matches to the new colors at the top of my sidebar. Just click, download and print. If you are reading on a phone, switch to "web" view (typically at the bottom) and you'll see the sidebar. If you are reading on email, you'll have to click on the title to go to my actual blog.

The butterfly is a new die set (I didn't get the matching stamps but the dies can stand alone). This is the tiniest butterfly in the set. I'm excited to use the bigger ones because they all have fun patterns like this one does. I was inspired by the banner in the sketch to put the butterfly on a branch and I found the perfect size in the Poppy Moments die set. At that point, I had used all the colors except red (the sentiment is stamped in a different color than the papers) so I found an older flower set and cut three little flowers.

So Happy For You

I really was not convinced I'd love the new colors - but I LOVE how they work on this card! It's so rich, yet so bright and cheerful!  I think these colors will come out to play often!

I hope to see you playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

SUPPLY LIST

Stamps: Stampin' Up Good Feelings

Dies: Stampin' Up Build a Butterfly dies (new), Poppy Moments dies - the leaves, Floral Squares dies (retired) - the flowers

Paper: Stampin' Up Tahitian Tide, Parakeet Party, Sweet Sorbet, Orchid Oasis, 2022-2024 In Color dsp

Ink: Stampin' Up Starry Night

8 comments:

  1. This card is absolutely fabulous! I love those new In Colours! That butterfly die is just beautiful! I also love that sentiment! Looks like my wish list is getting longer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is bright and cheerful, pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The new colors look fabulous in your design! I love the new red as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a happy cheerful card, love it

    ReplyDelete
  5. can you tell me how you cut the front panel of your card. I really like it and you can use patterned paper where it enhances the card but doesn't take away from the focal point. Nice job on this. The colors are super!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually just eyeballed it. I cut a layer at 4 x 5 1/4, then I had the sketch in front of me and cut off the corners to match up with the sketch.

      Delete
  6. I love this rich blue color and especially like this design with the pretty butterfly! What I like the most is that great sentiment! what a wonderful card with an amazing design as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This big, bold sentiment is just fabulous and the colours in your card are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!