Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Freshly Made Sketches: Fringe Flower Hello

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Jen Timko and here’s what I did with it!

Fringe Flower Hello


I decided the "any shape" needed to be a flower because I wanted to use my new Poppystamps die called Layered Fringe Flowers. I used all three layers on my card. To keep it simple, I pulled out the Sunny Orange paper pad by Memory Box that has trios of coordinating colors so I could easily go from light to dark. Then just for fun (and since their cardstock as a white core), I sanded off the edges of each so the color fades out to white on the edges. Then a couple of soft blue butterflies for contrast.

I don't often splatter my background. I have control issues and flicking on paint is the very definition of letting go of control! But I felt the background needed some texture and with the white edges on the flower and the pretty white sentiment, white splatter felt right. I think I did OK and, even more amazingly, this was my first attempt on this card.  I didn't like the blob of white to the right of the flower as you are looking at it but as I was putting a second piece of kraft cardstock in my splatter box to try again, I decided to embrace the lack of control and use my first attempt. I notice the blog - but I bet no one else did until I pointed it out!!!

Fringe Flower Hello

I hope to see you playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

SUPPLY LIST

Dies: Poppystamps Layered Fringe Flowers, Intricate Cut Butterflies and Hello Poe Script, Memory Box/Open Studio Stitched Rectangle Trimmings

Paper: Memory Box Sunny Orange and Fresh Aqua

Other: White Acrylic Paint

4 comments:

  1. This card is just gorgeous Kim! I love the kraft background and those flowers are so pretty! Love the sweet butterfly accents as well! So classy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything about this is amazing. Love that texture and the kraft is the perfect base.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post made me chuckle Kim - I have control issues too! The splatter looks fab against the kraft and adds details that lifts and accentuates both the sentiment and that pretty flower (and no, I did notice the blob until you mentioned it!!) Very artistic!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!