Wednesday, June 8, 2022

The Card Concept: Make It Masculine

 It's time for a new challenge at The Card Concept: Make it Masculine. My Clean and Layered card was inspired by the theme and the colors, and also by the block layout with the various plaids.

Wildlife Wonder Father's Day

I bought this Stampin' Up set with the bear just for the sentiments - I loved the mix of fonts in each sentiment (none of which I used on this card!) But when I saw the inspiration and remembered the gorgeous, detailed bear in the set, I figured he deserved to be on a card!

I found a neutral plaid and framed the bear image. Then I used strips of cardstock in the various colors to give it some pops of color. The "Happy Father's Day" comes from a long-retired Stampin' Up set - I wanted the long thin sentiment to decorate part of my frame.  Then just a few metallic dots. It's all very quick and easy but I like the mix of very detailed bear and the simple frame. 

Wildlife Wonder Father's Day

I hope to see you playing along with us at Make It Masculine!

SUPPLY LIST

Stamps: Stampin' Up Wildlife Wonder, Teeny Tiny Wishes (long retired)

Dies: Stampin' Up Stitched Rectangle

Paper: Stampin' Up Plaid Tidings 6x6 (retired), cardstock in Early Espresso, Soft Suede, Cajun Craze and Crushed Curry

Other: Stampin' Up Brushed Metallic Adhesive-Backed Dots

3 comments:

  1. That bear is SO handsome, Kim! I love the way you've framed him, and that fantastic neutral plaid!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your framework around that soft plaid looks perfect for this masculine card! I love how you added that sentiment too, but the bear definitely takes center stage! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the way you used colour to frame your bear Kim - a very simple yet creative card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!