Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Freshly Made Sketches: Oh Happy Day

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Jen Mitchell and here’s what I did with it!

Oh Happy Day


Nothing immediately came to my mind for this sketch. It's funny how sketch challenges work.  Sometimes the idea is in my mind as soon as I see it and the sketch gives me an easy starting point for a card.  Other times it's a struggle but these are the cards that I often love the most at the end. They push me into directions I don't normally go and, at least for me, the results are unique. I don't know why I struggled with this one - but now I'm very happy with the results.

I used two different sets from Concord & 9th to get the flower and the stem. I added a small rectangle of yellow woodgrain at the base, then softened it with some gingham at the top.  I left the stem white to keep the fresh look. 

Oh Happy Day

I hope to see you playing along with us this week at Freshly Made Sketches.

SUPPLY LIST
Stamps: Concord & 9th Thinking of You
Dies: Concord & 9th Fresh Cut Florals 3 (the flower) and Fresh Cut Florals 2 (stem and flowers)
Paper: Honey Bee Stamps Gingham Galore Spring and Hot Tropics (yellow wood), My Favorite Things Pineapple, Stampin' Up Wild Wasabi, Taylored Expressions Toffee

7 comments:

  1. This is one fantastic card! I love the colors and papers you chose, but keeping the stem white with a matching flower center just makes the whole card fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super cute! The colors really pop! Thank you for choosing my card from the last sketch too 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this bright and cheery card. The gingham is perfect with the woodgrain and the big flower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a fun card Kim! I love that giant flower and the pretty paper rectangles! This card definitely makes you happy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this sunny and happy card! The white leaves and stems are perfect. I never think to do things like that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, Kim. This flower is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!