Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Freshly Made Sketches: Pig Time

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Amy and here’s what I did with it!

5.5.21 FMS 

I'm not sure what got into me with this card.  I started with the idea of a critter instead of the leaf element. Then somehow the square became a barn! The barn is a giant die set that makes a full-size easel pop up card - it's absolutely charming.  But that didn't fit the sketch, so I just cut the top part down through the window - then I trimmed the edges so that I have a mini barn.  It's just the right size for my "Whittle Pig"!

The sentiment is actually a long sentiment.  I trimmed it very close so I could also cut it right down the middle.

I must have enjoyed making this. I very rarely make a card with no idea to whom I will send it but I have absolutely no plans for this one.  My 21- and 25-year old sons would die if they happened to open a card like this in front of their friends.  My nieces are girly teenagers - a pig really doesn't work. But I enjoyed every minute of making this - mostly because the pig made me smile every time I looked at it - so it will go in my stash and hopefully come out someday. 

I hope to see you playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

SUPPLY LIST

Stamps: Poppystamps Whittle Wild Animal Sentiments

Dies: Poppystamps Whittle Pig, Whittle Sun, Little Bits of Turf and Country Barn Pop Up Easel set (just the top), Memory Box Wrapped Stitch Rectangles

Paper: Memory Box Berry Red, Lush Green and Earth Neutral Cardstock Collections

Other: Wooden heart

9 comments:

  1. Well this little piggy is adorable! Totally delightful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super-cute and such a great take on the sketch! The sun peeking from behind the barn is the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this card - yes, PIG TIME!!!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this sweet card! Sometimes it's fun to create something just because YOU like it. I think that sweet pig would make anyone smile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I think it is darling and such a great take on the sketch! Personally I'd love to receive such a fun card, but if you find yourself with 10 or more cards, Scrapbook.com has a Card for Kindness program...https://www.scrapbook.com/pages/cards-for-kindness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I just love this card! I love pigs and this little barn reminds me of Caleb's nursery when he was a baby! Such a fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! What a sweet and fun take on the sketch! This piggy is so cute and make me smile. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!