Wednesday, May 12, 2021

The Card Concept: Garden Pleasures

There’s a new inspiration challenge at The Card Concept and the theme is Garden Pleasures.


The little house in the center of the photo looked exactly like a beehive in a stamp set that I love.  My Clean and Layered card uses that beehive (and the gorgeous bee in the same set) on a little green table surrounded by the same color flowers (even to the brown centers) as is in the inspiration.

5.12.21 Card Concept

Everything except the little table is by Stampin' Up.  (I had a die for the little table so I used it but it would be just as easy to hand cut the pieces).  I adore that bee - he's absolutely stunning.  The beehive looked exactly like the center house in the inspiration - I even tried to match the color.  There's nothing unusual about yellow and purple flowers - just not my normal go-to colors - and that's why I love inspirations! They inspired (and challenge) me to try new things! Even the brown gems in the center were inspired by the photo.

5.12.21 Card Concept side

The sentiment was one of this year's Stampin' Up sale-a-bration sets.  I love the font. I don't have a lot of delicate scripty sentiments - I lean towards bold and unique

I hope to see you playing along with us this week at The Card Concept!

SUPPLY LIST

Stamps: Stampin' Up Honey Bee, Heal Your Heart (the sentiment)

Dies: Stampin' Up Detailed Bee, Wreath Builder (the flowers) and Rectangle Stitched Framelits, My Favorite Things Cat and Plant Perches (made longer)

Other: Stampin' Up Tasteful Textile Embossing Folder, Little Things Bronze Mix Jewels

2 comments:

  1. I love this darling card, Kim! Your little bee skep is just delightful sitting on that cute little green table - indeed, just like in the photo! Love the texture given to the card base, your sweet little violets, and brown=eyed Susan's are perfection, of course so is this gorgeous, Queen bee!
    =]

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!