Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Freshly Made Sketches: A Button Note

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Judy and here’s what I did with it! 

5.12.21 FMS

Besides the sketch, my idea for this card came from cleaning out a large container of supplies that I kept because I might need them someday.  But they definitely haven't been used since my move to the new house around three years ago - and probably years before that.  One of the small containers was a box that I thought had a couple of punches - but it appears it was a button box.  It had punches and dies and some of the old Sizzlit Embosslits - all buttons. 

When the church card ministry was at its peak - real buttons were in style on cards and we used them a lot.  But people were complaining about the difficulty of mailing them. So I made an effort to get rid of some of the bulk with diecut buttons. Interestingly, it wasn't long after that before buttons became less of a thing - probably for the same reason - just too darn hard to mail! My stash disappeared into a box only to be found again in the last few weeks!

5.12.21 FMS side

Obviously buttons - or even circles - weren't on the sketch, but I had a ric rac die which I could use to create a banner shape and it tied into the button theme beautifully. The sentiment was chosen mainly because it was the "shape" I was looking for, although I think the sentiment is charming.  (I'm more picky about my sentiments than about anything else on my card - the saying, font, style, shape, etc. - all have to be just right.)

I hope to see you playing along with us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

SUPPLY LIST

Stamps: The Stamp Market Just a Note

Dies: My Favorite Things Vintage Buttons and Stitched Ric Rac

Paper: Stampin' Up Flirty Flamingo, Daffodil Delight and Mango Melody

6 comments:

  1. I love the ric rac and the sweet colors you used! There was a time that I couldn't make a card without adding a button....or two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way you interpreted the banner from the sketch! Cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute card, lovely take on the sketch, love the sentiment. Many thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you created a banner with the ric rac and buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, this is just too cute Kim! I love the ric rac and button dies you've used! That sentiment is just perfect! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous and so very clever! The stitched ric rac and button dies are made to go together!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!