Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Freshly Made Sketches: Slimline Birthday

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Jen Timko and here’s what I did with it!

  5.26.21 FMS side
 

I needed a birthday card for my boss.  She's a tough one to craft for - she's definitely a "boss" so I don't know her well.  I do know she likes her adult beverages but as my boss I just didn't feel like I could give her a card with drinks. So I decided to focus on colors.  She likes patterned clothing and the colors tend to be rich and almost autumn-like.  So I did stripes, then I added a subtle pattern in the background. I'm sure I overthought it all - but I do like the results!

I love that I have a slimline-sized embossing folder.  I didn't think my main picture showed all of its detail, so here' s a picture with some shadows on it.

5.26.21 FMS

I hope to see you playing along with us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

SUPPLY LIST

Dies: Hello Bluebird Happy Birthday Words, Honey Bee Stamps Slimline Thin Frame

Cardstock: Stampin' Up Mango Melody, Calypso Coral, Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive

Other: Spellbinders Slimline Floral Embossing Folder

8 comments:

  1. I love your slimline card and the colors you chose. They look great as does the embossed white panel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I need to google some slim line embossing folders! Love the floral frame around the tailored sentiment panel! You covered all bases - she will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really nice card. Love the embossed background and the various colors of stripes in the center panel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great card Kim! I just love that embossed border - so elegant and those stripes are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so good at creating personal cards for your workmates - I hope they appreciate the effort and thought you put into their cards! This one is gorgeous with such lovely autumnal stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks to me like you hit the mark!! This is a beautiful card. Your blocked colors, the texture...fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous design, Kim! I love the contrast of the colored stripes against the white embossed frame.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!