Thursday, October 22, 2020

Season's Greeting with Holiday Borders

 Two days ago I posted a Christmas sweater card using the Holiday Borders from The Ton.  It was a regular sized card, but these borders fit slimlines so I couldn't put them away until I'd given it a try.

Slimline Holiday Borders

I am sure it's a terrible thing to say but I am not a huge of classic Christmas colors - red, green and white.  I find it kind of "cold" . A little kraft does help but it's still not my go-to Christmas combo. However, it is traditional so I always try a few cards.  And I do think it works with these borders. 

I discovered The Ton due to their sentiments.  With this Modern Christmas Greetings set, I love the way the sentiments are designed to layer on top of each other.  I also love their Easy Expressions set - I used one of the sets here.  I guess I'm a bit odd - I don't love red and green for Christmas, and I find sentiments the most exciting type of stamps or dies!!

I've only used a couple of the borders on this card.  They have amazing detail!

Slimline Holiday Border close

Another sad note, the charming town of Grand Lake CO evacuated urgently last night - as in a knock on the door, pile in the car and go.  It's a different fire than the big one I've been talking about with the most recent updates here. My family and I spent a lovely weekend here just a few months ago. 



The winds are a huge problem.  This is wind and smoke.



And if you ever doubt the dedication of the firefighters, look at the conditions they are in.  Thank God for these heroes - they are in my prayers at all times.


BTW - personally my home is not in any danger. We sit about 30 miles from the mountains and the fire would have to rip through Denver and the suburbs.  But I love my mountains.  I have relaxed in the mountain air and played in our mountains in all seasons for decades.  Here's my view.  That big "cloud" on the horizon is smoke. Today it was blowing away from us.



SUPPLY LIST

Stamps: The Ton Modern Christmas Greetings

Dies: The Ton Holiday Borders

Paper: Stampin' Up Crumb Cake, Real Red, Shaded Spruce

Ink: Stampin' Up Real Red, Shaded Spruce

3 comments:

  1. The kraft is a wonderful addition Kim, this is terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also a fan of non-traditional colors at Christmas, Kim - but I've got to tell you: this is pretty terrific! The kraft did the trick, right?
    Thanks so much for stopping by - I'm adding my address to your email list - there is so much to love here!
    So very sorry to read about the fires there - we've had nothing but rain for days now - if I could, I'd send it to you!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great card! Love the slimline! And yeah...I flew by that fire a couple of weeks ago and it was already horrible. So saddened for all that are impacted.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!