Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Freshly Made Sketches: Birthday Fellows

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Cécile.


I thought about a variety of seasonal options - falling leaves, snowflakes, Christmas ornaments - but I have a whole lot of birthdays next week to make cards for, most of them masculine.  So I decided to pull out some masculine paper and use the circles to give it a celebratory look.  

FMS Birthday Fellow

Thanks to Cécile for the sketch because I like how this turned out.  I find it so hard to do masculine but still have it look like a celebration.  I did sneak in a few puffy dot stickers so there is some embellishment (or "bling" as my guys say with a bit of disdain) but I think I'll get by with it with the clearly masculine papers.

I hope to see you playing along!

SUPPLY LIST

The "2" comes from an older die set - Negative Dot Numbers from My Favorite Things.

10 comments:

  1. This is fun Kim, I like your mix of patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so funky and fun! I love how you always have to make guy cards.......they are tough to do....And you always come up with great designs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fabulous use of patterned papers that all work so well together! I love this card, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choice of papers! Like these colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great card Kim! I love all those different patterned papers! Definitely a great masculine card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love this!! Simply amazing with the fun patterned paper circles!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Kim! This is a wonderful masculine card! And a perfect take on the sketch with all these pretty DSP that work so well together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is the perfect masculine card. Love the patterns and "bling" too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those patterned papers really set the perfect stage for a masculine card. And maybe we need a new word for bling on a man card...ding a ling doesn't sound too girly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A marvelous selection of 'masculine' patterns/colours with a bit of 'bling' (stated with glee *grin*) that pairs perfectly! Love this...and I bet the guy on the receiving end will, too!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!