Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge: Felt

It's time for a new challenge at the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge: Felt.

positivelysplendid.com

I love the soft and warm look of felt - especially as we move into the crisp, cool days of autumn. I followed the inspiration fairly closely with two felt leaves, a pop of blue, and a neutral background.  I love brights blues on autumn cards.  I had intended to totally mirror the inspiration and do a blue leaf. but I only had blue scraps of my favorite felt and couldn't quite fit a leaf.  (It's funny that today's Curtain Call challenge was "felt" because I have a big felt project ready to go for one of tomorrow's post - I've used a lot of felt this week!)

CC Felt

I do send a lot of Thanksgiving cards and I am thrilled to say this one finishes my card list!!  But I adore autumn and Thanksgiving cards so you will see more.  I don't have a single extra card right now to take up to the church card sales racks and that's my excuse to continue on. (As if I need an excuse!)

Be sure to pop over to the Curtain Call blog for more inspiration.  And we do have a guest designer this week that you need to check out:

Jenny at Owl Be Crafty

I'm looking forward to seeing how you are inspired.

SUPPLY LIST


5 comments:

  1. Your card is beautiful, Kim. I agree: the pop of blue adds such impact to the 'traditional' fall colours. Of course, you know the maple leaf gets special attention from me! I've rarely worked with felt because it's difficult to access in this small town (aside from the not-so-great-stuff at the dollar store), but I'd like to do so at some point. Need to keep an eye open for online sales....
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! Wonderful take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a wonderful take on the challenge photo. Pretty card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful! The neutral yet detailed background and the pops of color look fabulous together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty Kim. Love the felt leaves with the intricate background... so elegant... the sequins look great.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!