Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Freshly Made Sketches: Bday Candles

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Karren.


An idea for this sketch came into my head almost instantly, but the idea didn't actually involve a circle.  I went with it anyway because I needed a card for a dear friend's birthday tomorrow. My apologies to Karren but her circle became candles!

FMS Candles

It's Thanksgiving week for us.  My oldest son is home on his first break from college. I'm off work the next few days - yay! - and I have some Hallmark Christmas movies taped and ready to watch! On the other hand, my husband got tired of retirement and took a job for fun - but it's retail and it's Black Friday so we may not see much of him.

We have volunteered to serve Thanksgiving dinner tonight and tomorrow afternoon with two ministries that my husband is heavily involved in.  It's a wonderful experience - but we do need to figure out when to do our own meal.  We laugh because it isn't the actual Thanksgiving meal we love - it's the leftovers!!  Cold turkey sandwiches. Hot open-faced turkey sandwiches with mashed potatoes and gravy. Turkey soup.  So I think we'll make the turkey and save it for leftovers over the next week!

Hope to see you playing along with our new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.

SUPPLY LIST

The green is the long-retired, but still one my favorites, Stampin' Up Kiwi Kiss!

13 comments:

  1. I love these fun candles. Perfect for a celebration! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your boys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karren will totally forgive you for using candles,because this card is adorable! I love how you used the candles! Great card! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A perfect birthday card, love the candles!

    I'm a fellow stamper who makes blank general and thank you pet themed handmade cards and donates them to animal shelters and rescue groups. I've just started a new blog, Sending Paw Prints, for this purpose. I love your cards and am hoping if you have a stash of pet themed cards or are interested in making some you'll think of donating them to Sending Paw Prints.

    http://sendingpawprints.blogspot.com/

    Thank you!
    Karen Howard

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that the circle became candles. And I think I love that off-kilter one even more! I hope you and your family have a wonderful thanksgiving and that your leftovers are as delicious as can be!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your candles are totally forgiven for not being a circle :) Gorgeous card and as Jen say, the off-kilter one is such a cool touch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute, fun birthday card, Kim. Love the off-kilter candle and the celebrate font. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your candles fit the sketch in a unique way. Perfect! Hope you're enjoying this Thanksgiving Day. We have much for which to be thankful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such fun colors for this and the word die is perfect with the TE candles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Guaranteed your friend will love her candles card; the single tilted one adds a touch of whimsy! How wonderfully kind and sweet that you spent time serving Thanksgiving dinners to two ministries; I know that those things do make a difference to those on the receiving end and those giving. Hope you managed to fit in a dinner with your family! I'm a fan of leftovers, too!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Kim! Love so much this sweet and cheerful card! Thoses candles and the big sentiment work perfectlu for the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Totally love this card! You've created such a fun and fabulous birthday card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yep. The candles were a brilliant decision. Great card! (Sorry so late to comment)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!