Wednesday, June 7, 2023

Freshly Made Sketches: Christmas Tree Squiggle

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Linda and here’s what I did with it!

Christmas Tree Squiggle

I struggled for a bit as to how to fit the circle and the center stripe together. It's going to be amazing to see all of the cards by those who are good at a graphic look, but I tend towards things that fit together (I'm not creative enough to just add shapes and have an amazing card.)  In the pile of new-to-me dies that I haven't organized yet, I saw the tall Spellbinders Sealed Christmas Tree Squiggle. My tree uses two layers - I saw the idea on the packaging of layering a glittery tree behind a cardstock tree.  And what better behind a Christmas tree than stars.  I got a little giddy when I saw that I had this Circle of Stars from Ellen Hutson which is a perfect fit with the sketch.  Then to add a bit of interest, I pulled out the fun sentiment set by The Ton, Easy Expressions Holiday.

I wasn't able to play in the last challenge due to a very busy week.  I made this card between six days spent at my youngest son's graduation college, including the 1,700 mile drive back and forth to bring his stuff back, and a quick 3-day trip to Georgia for my niece's high school graduation.  Our son is home with us while he hunts for a job in Colorado. Fingers crossed by both he, and my husband and I, that it happens quickly; however, I'm not sure he's fully grasped the cost of living here and the likelihood of being in our basement for an extended period. To add to the excitement(?), while we were in Georgia my oldest son moved in. He's in the process of moving and his new roommate won't be out of his lease for two more months. It's a full house and, yes, they are my children and I adore them - but four grown adults who are used to their own space in the home that we moved to after they left when we thought we'd be empty-nesters, is going to be interesting.  My guess is that you'll see a lot of cards on my blog as I hide in my craft room!!

I hope to see you playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!!

SUPPLY LIST

Stamps: The Ton Easy Expressions Holiday (and dies)

Dies: Spellbinders Seals Christmas Tree Squiggle, Ellen Hutson Circle of Stars, Trinity Stamps Modern Embossed Rectangle Stack

Paper: Papertrey Ink New Leaf, Stampin' Up Real Red, miscellaneous glitter

Ink: Papertrey Ink New Leaf

10 comments:

  1. I love your squiggly Christmas tree! And the circle of stars is perfect for the card and the sketch. I hope everyone is settling in nicely in the Singdahlsen home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! The stars are perfect as a sketch element! I thought my sketch was sooo simple until I tried to design my card....then I thought uh oh! You naield it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card, Kim! It's a perfect take on the sketch and it's fabulous. Hang in there ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a sweet Christmas card Kim! I love all of the sparkle on this card! Those stars are so pretty! Glad you had safe travels to all the graduations and are back home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderfully simple and neat Christmas card. So very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a fabulous take on the sketch Kim - you are way more creative than you think (I ended up going graphic lol!) Good luck with the full house - fingers crossed my eldest will begin university in the fall; I'm not looking forward to the start of empty-nesting, although I suspect I will get used to it soon enough!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a clever take on the sketch! That tree is such a fun and modern look.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is brilliant! BRILLIANT! And oh my, a house full. A blessing but, yep, time in the craft room will be a requirement for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Christmas! you are sooooo organised with this fab card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful Christmas card, Kim. This starry wreath and the thin tree make such a clever take on the sketch, this is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!