Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Freshly Made Sketches: Father's Day Fish

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by me and here’s what I did with it!
 
Father's Day Fish


When I made the sketch, my idea was three pink/orange/yellow stripes with a white flower on top but while I was browsing my stash, I saw these fish.  They were the perfect size for the stripes and with Father's Day coming, I now have a card for my fisherman husband! 

I backed it with a retired Taylored Expressions embossing folder. I have other folders with splashes and waves but I liked the quirky look of the spots. 

I hope to see you playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

SUPPLY LIST

Stamps: Simon Says/Kelly Purkey Dude! (retired)

Dies: Paper Rose Fish Family

Other: Taylored Expressions On the Spot embossing folder (retired), Honey Bee Stamps Black Gem Stickers

8 comments:

  1. This is just the CUTEST little fishy-embellished card ever! LOVE the sketch, can't wait to play!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the spots look like bubbles ; i like how you didn't glue down the tails so it gives motion to the fish

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is just amazing Kim! I just love those fish and the fun embossed background! That colours is also one of my favs! Thanks for a great sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the fun sketch this week! Love your fish-y card too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such an amazing card! I love the fish and your color choices! Super great sketch; I'm sorry I missed it, but I'm sure I will use it later!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great use of the sketch! Love the fish!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was such a great sketch Kim - I love your fishy trio and the embossed background too. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Almost like we were crafting together with the color choices! Love this fun sketch. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!