Sunday, June 25, 2023

Tic Tac Toe and Color Throwdown

I had time to play in my craft room yesterday with nothing in particular that I needed to make and came up with this "just because".

  Just Because with Flowers

I was browsing challenges and perked up when I saw the Tic Tac Toe Challenge that included "just because" in one of their boxes. I love this Just Because die from Simon Says Stamp. It's a simple font but I love that it winds together and I love its shape with the "just" over to the right leaving room for things like flowers.  The Tic Tac Toe board also included flowers and die cuts on the diagonal so I went that direction.


I pulled out the dies, then I started pulling out all of my favorite colors but I wanted something different. Back to browsing challenges and I saw that the Color Throwdown used brown. That caught my attention. It wasn't all that long ago where brown was quite prominent on all of our cards. For instance, sentiments were in brown, not in black.  Then things changed and I was feeling like brown was dated. But the design team and the players at the Color Throwdown changed my mind by showing me how beautiful it can still be. Not to mention, it gave me a chance to pull out Stampin' Up's new Pecan Pie and the blue I used is the new Azure Afternoon. 


Thanks to both of these challenges for the inspiration. Off to do some more browsing and see what others I just have to play along with.

SUPPLY LIST
Dies: Simon Says Stamp Just Because, Fab Flower and A2 Thin Frames 
Paper: Stampin' Up Poppy Parade, Azure Afternoon and Pecan Pie cardstock, Glorious Gingham dsp
Other: Doodlebug Designs Bon Bon Glitter Enamel Dots

4 comments:

  1. This is really eye-catching! That big sentiment looks great against the Pecan Pie plaid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute, Kim! I like the brown gingham and the pop of colors form the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. from... I think it said form LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this Kim - I think 'just because' cards can be so useful and that die is AWESOME! Great colour combo too - the red and blue add a real freshness to the brown and white I think. A great take on my TicTacToe board this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!