Tuesday, June 27, 2023

CAS Colours & Sketches: Bee Day

I love creating little scenes so when I saw the sketch at CAS Colours & Sketches that had the full focus on a square area, I started looking through my stash for what scene I could create.  I hadn't yet used this Sizzix Bee Hive set which has the most beautifully detailed little bees that I've seen! (There's also a medium and a small bee in the set plus the honeycomb is bigger so they could all play together!)

Happy Bee-Day


I'm not particularly great with bees in real life. I'm not allergic or anything - I just move away quickly. I don't stop to distinguish whether the thing buzzing around me is a bumble bee or actually a wasp - they are all the same to me. I'm told it has something to do with a childhood experience but I have no actual memories. It's sad really because I can logically know that bumble bees rarely sting and I know they are amazing and necessary creatures - but my emotions put me on high alert.  So I guess I'll be satisfied with my bees on greeting cards!

Thanks to CAS Colours & Sketches for the inspiration to pull out this die set. 

SUPPY LIST
Stamps: Concord and 9th Sweet Bee
Dies: Sizzix Bee Hive, Memory Box Double-Stitch Square Cut-Out
Paper: Stampin' Up Daffodil Delight, Flirty Flamingo and Granny Apple Green, My Favorite Things Pineapple, Taylored Expressions Cupcake

6 comments:

  1. You've created a bee-utiful scene in that little square!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a beautiful card, Kim! Love that bee, the vellum wings are gorgeous!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your take on the sketch. Great details in a small space. Thanks for sharing your work on the CC&S challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful!!! The full composition in the square frame is so fabulous. Thank you for playing along with CC&S challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Kim! I love the layering of all the little elements inside the dotted square!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!