Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Freshly Made Sketches: Birthday Balloons

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Jen Timko and here’s what I did with it!
 
HB Candles and Balloons


This was an easy choice for me to use balloons.  It's been a busy May which I've been over-sharing about for the last few posts.  I saw a birthday for a workmate was today and I didn't have any cards in my stash that would work - so the circles on the sketch instantly became balloons in my mind. I struggled with the balloons a bit because I seem to have a couple of big ones and a lot of small ones in my stash - but nothing for that middle gray circle.  So I'm a little off in proportions but I like the way it came out.  I just got that background embossing folder from the Spellbinders EF of the month, so I just had to use it!  I don't know this person well and the little bit I had to go on were the pictures she has hanging on her office wall.  I picked the colors based on the look and style of the art. Can you tell I tend to overthink my cards???

I hope to see you playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

SUPPLY LIST

Dies: Paper Rose Happy Birthday Chunky Layered, Papertrey Ink Balloon Shaker (the big balloon), Paper Smooches Celebration Balloons (the two smaller balloons)

Paper: Stampin' Up Crushed Curry and Pretty Peacock CS, Butterfly Kisses dsp (the Crushed Curry pattern), very old dsp for Calypso Coral, Soft Shimmer 12x12 (Lost Lagoon), 

Other: Spellbinders Candles for Every Birthday Embossing Folder (May EF of the month), Stampin' Up Fine Sparkle Adhesive-Backed Gems

6 comments:

  1. This is festive and full of fun, I think your co-worker will enjoy it... I do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is so fun! I love those big balloons and the embossed candles in the background! This card is going to make someone very happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Balloons are a great way to interpret the sketch! Fabulous birthday card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect birthday card! and The EF is fabulous in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous card perfect for a celebration! Speaking of -- I hope you are having a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love this! Those balloons are the best images to match the sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!