Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Freshly Made Sketches: Dragonfly Hello

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Jen Brum and here’s what I did with it! 

Well Hello


I wasn't sure what I was going to do with this sketch - I had a vague notion of brightly colored rays and a bold sentiment.  Obviously I didn't do that.  I was flipping through my stash and saw this graceful dragonfly and was shocked I hadn't used it.  So I kind of forced him into the sketch but I love the results.  I didn't do straight lines just to better match his soft look. His top wings are a pearlescent vellum which is a lovely look. Then I added some subtle floral paper and used a lattice embossing folder on the white.  Super simple but it's all about the dragonfly and I LOVE it!!

I hope to see you playing along with us this week at Freshly Made Sketches.

SUPPLY LIST

Stamps: My Favorite Things Greetings & Salutations

Dies: Alexandra Renke Big Dragonfly, Simon Says Stamp Curved Edge

Paper: Catherine Pooler Twilight Reading, Lawn Fawn Pearlescent Vellum, Stampin' Up Peekaboo Peach

Other: Taylored Expressions Dotted Lattice Embossing Folder

8 comments:

  1. I love the curved panel of pretty floral DSP and the added dragonfly! Sue N

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it too! What a wonderful way to interpret the sketch and I LOVE the papers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow Kim! This card is beautiful! The colours are gorgeous and I love your swoopy panel too! So creative! The dragonfly and background embossing are so pretty! Love everything about this card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm playing catch up after our vacation and I've missed a whole lot of pretty! Each card is as wonderful as the next, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous interpretation of this wonderful sketch! I love the curvy lines with that amazing dragonfly and pretty embossing and dsp! Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this is so pretty Kim - the paper, the dragonfly and those beautiful curves soften your card beautifully. A fabulous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card 💐👍 happy day

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything about this card is fabulous! From the colour combo, to the pattern to the swish - all perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!