Thursday, February 25, 2021

TGIF Challenge: Sale-A-Bration!

The current TGIF challenge is to use something from this year's Stampin' Up Sale-A-Bration.  Given I got three different things, I just had to play along.  I even got two different patterned papers and I'm not a huge user of patterned paper.  The Oh So Ombre pack fits my CAS personality - but I also got the Flower & Field dsp which should be out of my comfort zone with the bold patterns but I love it! Although notice I still didn't use a lot of it!

02.25.21 TGIF

When I do get SU dsps, I tend to use the backside of the paper which is typically a subtle pattern. In the Flower & Field papers, it was the florals that called my name, especially the pattern that I used on this card. I used the Pretty Perennials stamp set and the coordinating dies. It's one of my favorites and works well with the paper.  For a little sparkle, I pulled out an older sequins set - the Iridescent Sequin Assortment because it includes Pool Party which is an accent in the paper. 

I also almost have the Sale-A-Bration Heal Your Heart stamp set. It's on the way but it didn't arrive in time to use on the card for this challenge. Having said that, "Happy Mail" is the type of sentiment I'm using a lot of right now as I still have friends and family who are staying in their homes so I send cheerful cards.

Thanks to TGIF for the inspiration!

SUPPLY LIST

Stamps: Stampin' Up Pretty Perennials

Dies: Stampin' Up Perennial Petals

Paper: Stampin' Up Flower & Field dsp, Just Jade CS

Ink: Stampin' Up So Saffron (newly inked so darker than usual!), Flirty Flamingo

Other: Stampin' Up Iridescent Sequin Assortment

3 comments:

  1. Oh I love this Kim. Such a lovely combination of the DSP and stamp set. Thanks for playing along with TGIF Challenges this week

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flowers are so cheerful, this is charming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very pretty card, Kim. It's fun to get a little bit out of comfort zone as you did with this nice card. It's funny how some items just call our names and others not so much until we see how other people's projects. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!