Monday, February 1, 2021

CAS(E) this Sketch: For the Last Time

 It's the final sketch at CAS(E) this Sketch.  I thank them for the inspiration from all 405 challenges!! For the final sketch, they are doing a throwback to a sketch by the creator of the challenge, Jackie Rockwell.  BTW - she's also the designer of my blog!! Here's what I did the last sketch.

02.01.21 CtS 

And here's the sketch.

I wanted to go bright and cheerful.  I also needed a Valentine's card for my 13-year old niece.  That can be hard age - my niece is definitely thinking she's grown up but she still has an impish child in her. I started with the idea of the two speech bubbles and a heart as the middle element but it just didn't pop.  So I browsed my stash for a critter of some type and settled on this owl mostly because it was sweet but also because of its bold lines.

Just for fun - here's what I did with the sketch the first time it came around almost seven years ago when I was on the CtS design team.

Thanks to CtS for all of the inspiration over the years! You've been a resource for hundreds of my cards. I will miss you.

SUPPLY LIST

Stamps: Impress Valentine Words, Taylored Expressions Hoot Hoot Hooray Stamp & Die Combo

Dies: WPlus9 Hey Hi Hello

Paper: Stampin' Up Pumpkin Pie and Melon Mambo, Taylored Expressions Candy Corn and Strawberry Milkshake, My Favorite Things Black & White Stripes 6x6 Paper Pack

4 comments:

  1. This is adorable and looks perfect for your niece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously can't believe it's actually happening, Kim! I loved your first, and am totally in love with your very last!
    Thank you, so very much for playing along as we say goodbye to an old friend!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll be feeling even sadder than the rest of us Kim having been part of the team. Both cards you made for this sketch are fabulous! I love this one's lovely bright colour palette and you're right, that clean-lined owl is the perfect partner for those bold speech bubbles. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card! I've not used word bubbles, but I like the inset die-cut words on your example.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!