Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Freshly Made Sketches: Sympathy with Floral Doodles

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Judy and here’s what I did with it!

  2.25.21 FMS 


I pulled the colors from the washi tape. I had already added texture to the background and like it before I realized the sketch showed the sentiment directly on the background. I simply added a black sentiment strip which made the sentiment pop so ended up working out well. Obviously I branched out from the square on the sketch. I had planned on putting a square behind the flowers, but as I added the leaves and the tulip, the square would have just been too big. 

The flower dies are gorgeous.  I love the layers.  I went with white on the top layer to keep the card very fresh and clean - but could easily add coordinating colors. There are other options in the die set so I definitely will be doing an even bigger bouquet in the future.

2.24.21 FMS Side

I hope to see you playing along with us this week at Freshly Made Sketches.

SUPPLY LIST

Stamps: Papertrey Ink Round & Round

Dies: Altenew Floral Doodles Die Set, Altenew Featured Sentiments die set

Cardstock: Stampin' Up Cherry Cobbler, Blushing Bride, Crumb Cake

Other: Stampin' Up Tasteful Textiles embossing folder, Carpe Diem washi tape, Pretty Pink Posh Seaglass

6 comments:

  1. The texture adds so much interest. Lovely card, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The outlined flowers are gorgeous! Another fabulous die set! Very pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful! I've wanted to buy the Altenew layered dies for a while now but I've resisted. You may have changed my mind now!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those floral dies are totally gorgeous! Wow! Love how they look against that textured background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! The white outlines of the flowers works perfectly with the gorgeous colours you've chosen for the petals.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous, Kim! I love the white trimmed flowers and the riche color scheme.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!