Monday, February 8, 2021

CAS Colours & Sketches: Christmas Joy

I typically take January off from making Christmas cards but now it's February.  I dreaded it a bit after the made rush in December but I have to admit, with a little help from the colors at CAS Colours & Sketches, I thoroughly enjoyed this and am ready to start building my stash!

02.08.21 CCS


The big sentiment is Sending Christmas Joy from My Favorite Things. I've seen so many cardmakers build cardstock stripes behind big sentiments. I thought these colors would work if I accented with a few snowflakes and a poinsettia.  My original plan was a trio at the bottom - a blue snowflake, a red poinsettia and a green Christmas tree but even with my stash, I couldn't find three that worked together in size and style. So I ended up with my favorite poinsettia, backed with holly leaves and a few tiny snowflakes as accents.

Thank you to CAS Colours & Sketches!!

SUPPLY LIST

Dies: My Favorite Things Sending Christmas Joy, Flora & Fauna Poinsettia, Reverse Confetti Holly, Lawn Fawn Mini Snowflakes

Cardstock: Stampin' Up Pacific Point, Just Jade, Poppy Parade

Other: Trinity Stamps Rainbow Reflections Rhinestones

6 comments:

  1. It's just so effective Kim! I love the big sentiment infilled with stripes and I adore the tiny snowflakes. Thank you for coming to play at CC&S this week :) Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous! Love our trio of colors in your strips. Thanks so much for playing along with us at the CC&S challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim I just love this - your colour block striped sentiment is so eye-catching! Thanks for sharing with us over at CAS Colours & Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous use of the colors, thanks for playing along with us at CC&S.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun are the stripes, this is terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WoW!!! This is so awesome!!!! I love the way you used these colors on the die cut. Thank you for paying along with CC&S challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!