Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Freshly Made Sketches: Hugs

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Narelle and here’s what I did with it!

2.10.21 FMS


My first reaction to this sketch was "hmmm..what do I do with just two little stripes?" but I ended up having so many ideas. I'm using this card today because it closely follows the sketch but I have another card that varies a bit that I'm finishing up for tomorrow!! 

I went through my stash looking for big flowers. I ended up with this set from Concord & 9th because of the fine lines - I knew the sentiment would stand out. I stamped part of it in the upper corner and another part in the lower corner.  The stripes are washi tape from Altenew that just jumped into my cart one day (even though I think this is my second ever use of washi tape with the first being just a month ago.)  It was such a unique color combo and I loved the golden panels (which don't show well in the photo). I matched the ink and the cardstock to the washi colors. The sentiment is new-to-me from Simon Says Stamp.  "Hugs" card are currently my most used cards.

Hugs to you!!  I hope to see you playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

SUPPLY LIST
Stamps: Concord & 9th Fine Line Florals
Dies: Simon Says Stamp Hugs
Paper: Stampin' Up Calypso Coral and Early Espresso
Other: Altenew Allium Palette Washi Tape, Studio Katia Gold Foil Pearls 

7 comments:

  1. Love the drama the big blooms add! This is wonderful, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The simple outlined flowers are the perfect backdrop for your colorful sentiment and washi stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I really like this; it's pretty and floral, but clean and simple, too. Stamping the outline of the flowers looks so fresh. Washi tape - I love it and this is a perfect use for it. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the contrast between the black and white and brightly colored elements in this design, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! The outline flowers make a lovely subtle background for the colorful washi and the bold sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, this is amazing! I just love those flowers in the background and then the pops of colour are perfect! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your two little stripes card is just gorgeous! I am loving the details you gave to your card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!