Thursday, February 11, 2021

Fab Friday: Happy Easter

I wanted to play along with the colors at Fab Friday. Two of the three colors were colors I really haven't used.  I'm not a big pink person although Blushing Bride has a softer look than most pinks.  Nor have I used Bumblebee. As a matter of fact, I was even surprised that I had the ink in my collection. I hadn't planned to get it because it seemed very close to other Stampin' Up colors.  But I do have it - so it seemed meant to be that I used the color combo.

2.11.21 Fab Friday


I love that embossing folder.  It's so delicate and I love that the bulk of the pattern is to the side but some dots and leaves spread further across the card.  I was inspired by the current sketch at Freshly Made Sketches because the simple stripes let so much of that embossing show. I didn't use this card for my design team post yesterday because I moved the sentiment from where it was identified in the sketch but you can clearly see that I was inspired!


I didn't set out to create an Easter card but the sentiments from Arrange a Wreath were the right weight and look for this card and looking at them made me realize that this was just right for Easter.

2.11.21 Fab Friday close


Thanks to Fab Friday for the inspiration! 

SUPPLY LIST
Stamps: Stampin' Up Pretty Perennials, Arrange a Wreath (sentiment)
Dies: Stampin' Up Perennial Petals, Stitched Labels (for the little "x" detail on the Bumblebee stripe)
Paper: Stampin' Up 2020-2022 In Color 6x6 dsp, Bumblebee CS
Ink: Stampin' Up Just Jade, Blushing Bride, Bumblebee
Other: Stampin' Up Meadow Moments Embossing Folder, 2020-2022 In Color Enamel Dots

5 comments:

  1. This is lovely! The dry embossed portion of the card adds so much interest without overpowering the focal point!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful!! Your clean design is perfect. Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday! Hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kudos for getting ahead on Easter cards! Sometimes an image or sentiment is just right isn't it? I love your floral grouping and subtle embossing; great texture all around. Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely, Kim - I love your pretty blossoms! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a sweet card Kim! I love the pretty flowers and that embossing looks fabulous! Perfect for Easter!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!