Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Freshly Made Sketches: Exhale Worry

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Jen Mitchell.


I seem to have purchased quite a number of wreaths lately.  All seasons.  Die cut. Stamped.  So there was absolutely no doubt as to how I was going to use this sketch!!

FMS 395

This is a series of dies by Pink & Main.  The wreath itself is the Wreath Base die and then there are seasonal sets on top.  I've used it before with the Fall Wreath Decor dies - Thanksgiving here and Halloween here.  I was shocked to see that I hadn't used the Winter Wreath Decor dies - I'll have to remedy that soon.  This card uses the Spring Wreath Decor dies. I used flowers and leaves but made it summery with the bright colors.  The Spring set also has a bunny and an umbrella.  The Summer set just came out.

FMS 395 up

I adore the sentiment.  It's from the Exhale Worry set from Picket Fence that includes five unique and amazing sentiments with the same theme.

Last week, I commented that I wanted to get back to keep-it-simple mode with my cards.  I'm not sure how to rate today's card.  It was actually very simple, but talk about time-consuming especially adding centers to all of those flowers.  I wish I were better at using Nuvo Drops because those would have been perfect flowers centers and would have saved a lot of time!

I hope to see you playing along with us this week at Freshly Made Sketches.

SUPPLY LIST
Stamps: Picket Fence Studios Exhale Worry
Dies: Pink & Main Wreath Base, Spring Wreath Decor dies, MFT Fishtail, Lil' Inker Designs Stitched Mats Squares
Cardstock: A large variety from many different companies!!!

5 comments:

  1. What a perfect take on the sketch! I like the way your sentiment banner flows through the wreath. Pretty card Kim. Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wreath is lovely! I will have to check out that die set! Pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every second spent on this card was absolutely worth it, Kim! What a gorgeous card! That wreath is fabulous, and I love that sentiment. I can use Nuvo Drops worth a darn, so if I have them, I often pop enamel dots in the centers...I'm so lazy! One more thing...I adore cards with tons of die cuts, and your card here has made my little heart happy. LOVE this! Happy 4th. xo Bev

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is just amazing Kim! I love that wreath that you created and think it's so beautiful! Definitely worth all the extra time! Great sentiment too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This wreath is spectacular. Love all the detail on this card. Really lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!