Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Freshly Made Sketches: Celebrate

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Cécile.


My favorite stamp set out of the new catalog is To a Wild Rose.  I fell in love when I saw it - and have been surprised that it hasn't been given more love out there. When a new catalog comes out, it's fairly clear what the favorites are because you seem them all over blogs, etc. - not so much on the rose. Maybe I just don't follow the people who are using it - but I follow a lot of people!  I LOVE the texture from the layering.

FMS: Celebrate

On my favorites list, this stamp set is followed closely by a die set that I guarantee is going to come out over and over - Stitched Labels.  I didn't get the stamp set, just the dies, and they are fabulous.  On this card I used the background die to give a hint of pattern. I cut it twice; it overlaps under the flower but that part is hidden.

FMS: Celebrate

I needed to find a tiny sentiment and I found one that fit in an old hostess set.  This card is being used this very day for someone at work who is an avid gardener.  I think it's just right.

I hope to see you playing along with us this week at Freshly Made Sketches

SUPPLY LIST
Stamps: Stampin' Up To a Wild Rose, Good Greetings (an older hostess set)
Dies: Stampin' Up Stitched Labels, Wild Rose
Cardstock: Stampin' Up Grapefruit Grove, Granny Apple Green, Lemon-Lime Twist
Ink: Stampin' Up Grapefruit Grove, Petal Pink
Other: Stampin' Up Iridescent Sequin Assortment

7 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! Love everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This set is one of my favorites too and was on my first order. You've made a beautiful card with it. I love that background die, which I don't even remember being in the catalog. I need to add that one to the wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty. Love To A Wild Rose also and it is lovely in Grapefruit Grove. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty.....maybe I need to revisit that set! The diecut background is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is just beautiful Kim! I love that background and that flower is gorgeous! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This flower really is striking and I suspect it will get lots more love after people are inspired by this beauty. What wonderful colors (and that die in the background...just wow).

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is simply beautiful. I LOVE the texture you used in the background with the die. I think I might need that die now!! Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!