Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Freshly Made Sketches: Ghostly Greetings

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Karren.


I recently added some seasonal wreath dies to my stash.  They are by Pink & Main - there is the Wreath Base die and also the Fall Wreath Decor dies (which includes both Halloween and general fall).  I also have the Winter Wreath Decor dies on order.  The wreath seems sized so that the images decorate the wreath by going all of the way around but I just added a trio at the bottom per the sketch.  Although it worked perfectly for this little owl on a branch.. 

FMS Ghostly Greetings

Since I talk about it often - I'm sure you know that we recently moved after 27 years in a house on fenced acreage.  So I haven't had trick-or-treaters in 27 years.  Now I'm in a neighborhood and I've been excitedly planning for Halloween.  I work with someone who lives just a few blocks away so I asked how much candy I would need. Apparently - not much.  It seems that Halloween has changed in those 27 years I've been away.  Back in the olden days (when we walked to school up hill both ways in 3 feet of snow!), Halloween was a big neighborhood street party.  Now the neighborhood community center throws a big party the weekend before and our cute little downtown area hosts trick-or-treaters on Halloween. I get it.  But I still miss the good old days.  I have one giant bag of candy from Costco and my coworker says I will have leftovers.  I do like candy so perhaps that's the silver lining!

I hope to see you playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

SUPPLY LIST
Stamps: Taylored Expressions Cutting Edge - Ghosts
Dies: Pink and Main Wreath Base Dies and Fall Wreath Decor Dies

7 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous,love the design.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am loving your Halloween wreath! So cute with the little characters! And we get over 100 trick or treaters every year.....kids everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is as cute as can be! Love the little owl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is so cute! That little ghost is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this card is so sweet Kim! I love that wreath and ghost, owl and pumpkin! They are so cute and so perfect for Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is awesome! I love the combination of images and colours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! What a great Halloween card. I love those spooky images along side your wreath! I don't get any trick-or-treaters either. Halloween has sure changed since I was a kid!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!