It's time for a new challenge at Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge! We're going Pink and Pretty!
photo source: 100layercake.com
Pretty Pink Posh has gorgeous sequins, fantastic ribbon and other embellishments. It's a rare card that I make that doesn't have a trio of sequins. But sadly, I really struggled with this challenge. I think it's because I wanted to make the sequins the centerpiece of the card instead of just using them to highlight the sentiment or image. I started and discarded a number of cards, then finally got something that I liked. The next day I went to photo it and realized that it didn't have even a touch of pink on it. I showcased our sponsor product but totally forgot to play along with the challenge!! (I'll show you that card at a later date.)
I did have a lot of fun with the Sequin Shaker Blog Hop sponsored by Pretty Pink Posh this past weekend. I made two for the hop - here and here - and decided to do one more in bold colors.
This card also let me show off the Chevron Twill ribbon that's also in the Pretty Pink Posh store. I haven't used a lot of ribbon in recent years (I lean toward twine), but this ribbon is so soft that it's very easy to use. (I got the yellow ribbon as part of a birthday gift - and have since added black, celery, champagne and turquoise to my collection! I guess you'll be seeing more of this ribbon.)
My bow above is not actually tied. I looped twine through the button with the ends sticking out the top and a loop below. Then I folded the ribbon into a bow shape and stuck it through the twine loop below the button. I tightened up the twine and tied. A very quick and easy way to do a bow!
I want to show you one more card that is pink and uses Pretty Pink Posh. This one didn't make the "official" cut for the challenge because I just wasn't happy with the pastel flowers - to me, they seem too washed out. I did try again with slightly different colors, but in prying the original flowers off the card, I destroyed the whole thing. However, I love these flat sequins and these tiny 4 mm sparkling clear sequins so wanted to show you the cascade of sequins (and the champagne chevron twill ribbon.)
Here are all of the rest of the designers for this Pink & Pretty challenge, or head over to Curtain Call! to see them all in one place. Remember that you do not have to use Pretty Pink Posh products to play along - but you do get a chance to win a gift certificate. Just make a Pink & Pretty card and link it up!
Pink & Pretty Designers
Leigh Penner, Guest Designer
Leigh Penner, Guest Designer
- Stamps: Papertrey Ink Wet Paint, Watercolor Wonder
- Paper: Stampin' Up Melon Mambo CS and dsp
- Ink: Stampin' Up Melon Mambo, Papertrey Ink Hawaiian Shores, Hero Arts Lime Green
- Accessories: Pretty Pink Posh (PPP) cupped sequins from the Springtime Mix (the Pink Peonies, Aquamarine and flower sequins), PPP Mossy Green cupped sequins, PPP 4 mm sparkling clear sequins, PPP flat black sequins, PPP Black Chevron Twill ribbon
- Stamps: WPlus9 Spring Blooms, Clear & Simple Icons Sentiments
- Paper: Papertrey Ink Fine Linen, Lemon Tart, Stampin' Up Pink Pirouette
- Ink: Papertrey Ink Fine Linen and Lemon Tart, Stampin' Up Pink Pirouette and Pistachio Pudding, Memento Toffee Crunch (sentiment)
- Accessories: Pretty Pink Posh (PPP) flat sequins in Pink Blush and Lemon Meringue, 4mm sparkling clear cupped sequins, PPP Champagne Twill ribbon, Papertrey Ink Lemon Tart button, WPlus9 Spring Blooms dies, Lil' Inkers Quilted Stitched Pattern die