I knew I had banner dies big enough to hold them so I started with the idea of three simple banners on a horizontal card, but as I started playing with colors and patterns, I came up with this random grouping of banners. I pulled out my favorite bright color combo - bright orange, turquoise and green (the green is a scrap from Doodlebug Design's At the Zoo 6x6 pad) which all pops particularly well on kraft. I cut a variety of banners and adhered them with different thicknesses of dimensional adhesive.
The background was first embossed with the Honeycomb Embossing Folder - I picked that because I needed a simple, small pattern and I thought it looked a bit like fencing! I also had matching enamel stars to give it even more of a celebratory look.