Thursday, May 29, 2014

Ombre AND Chevrons: Missing You

A week ago, I was writing that I never quite knew what to do with cover plate dies.  About the same time, I was hitting the "confirm order" button on an order with a new cover plate.  (Sometimes I wonder about myself!)  But this one was so different and really cute...chevron and ombre all in one place!

Wishing You

I still struggled with it (but don't judge the plate on that - I even struggle with patterned paper!)  I absolutely the series of blues in the Simon Says Stamp line, so I stuck with my favorite blues and kept the card simple!

I am submitting this to the current Anything Goes challenge at Simon Says Stamp.
  • Stamps: Simon Says Stamp Square Sayings
  • Paper: Simon Says Sea Glass, Surf Blue and Audrey Blue
  • Ink: Memento Black
  • Accessories: Frantic Stamper Ombre Chevron Card Panel, My Favorite Things Rectangle Frames, Simon Says Stamp Medium Tags die, Clearly Beloved sequins (ordered from Simon Says), Hemptique 10-lb black twine, Queen & Co heart embellishment (from my very old stash box)

12 comments:

  1. You've got the whole cover plates down pat, if you ask me! LOVE THIS CARD!! Perfect blues, perfect bit of black to make the blues pop, great design...girl, you've got it all going on with this card. Hope you don't mind if I pin this one. Sooo cool. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are totally rocking the cover plates, Kim! I am going to check this one out for sure. LOVE your card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, love the ombre look you used!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous chevrons, ombre and card :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goodness, Kim, I detect marvelous creativity with this cover plate! Echoing Bev - perfection in all respects! The tag, with the wee polka-dot heart, is just toooo adorable! Gorgeous!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you on cover plates...don't have any for that confused reason! But THIS is wonderful and I like the little punch of black!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well if this card is anything to go by you totally rock with cover die plates. This card is great, love your colour choices and that little heart hanging there with the message. Very very eye catching

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh good call on ordering this one!! What an awesome die and fabulous card - really loving the ombre!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Never be afraid of a cover plate. You just showed you know how to handle one. Gorgeous ombre effect on this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my the ombre never looked this gorgeous :) love the design!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love the card you made with the different shades of blue, gorgeous.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  12. As the person who designed the die for Frantic Stamper, I have to say you REALLY knew how to handle it. The card is absolute perfection!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!