Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Peace, Love and Flip Flops!

It's a busy day today - lots of fun stuff!  An afternoon stamping with friends, an evening at dinner and then my friend's choir concert and it's finals week in my current class.  So I had a half an hour this morning to play - and it's a very rare card that I can finish in half an hour.  But I had a plan to use flip flops for a niece's birthday.  (Sadly, this plan changed when I realized the stamp set didn't have a birthday sentiment - but it was still a plan.)  First, I saw the sketch at Freshly Made Sketches - perfect space for some flip-flops.  Then I saw the colors at color throwdown - perfect colors for my favorite sentiment in the set!

Peace Love Flip Flops

So I'm all done - and then I noticed my mistake - anybody see it?  This die set comes with a number of toppers for the flip flops.  I didn't use the actual flip flop topper because it would have been hidden by the bow that I wanted to use.  So I don't think these are technically flip-flops, are they??  Flip-flops have the little strappy thing for the big toe - can they also be little slip-ons like these?  It's just like me to obsess over stupid things like this!!


  • Stamps: L'il Inkers Flip Flop Sentiments
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Night of Navy, Little Yellow Bicycle Just Because 6x6
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Night of Navy
  • Accessories: L'il Inkers Flip Flop Dies, Divine Twine Maraschino, misc sequins

22 comments:

  1. I say they are pretty flip flops Kim! Beautiful, crisp design~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card. Pretty sure they qualify for flip-flop (they'd make the sound as you walk anyway!). The pattern paper has such a tiny pattern - perfect for the flip-flops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable...love your colourful flip flops!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Regardless of whether they are flip flops or sandals, they are adorable! Cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the summery feel of your gorgeous card! The bows on the sandals are sooo cute. This card is just perfect for a young lady. Really love this card. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantabulous card!! Super love the hits of color. Sorry I've been a terrible bloggie buddy...I've not been commenting on any blogs lately. L-a-z-y...haha. Great blog makeover. Super pretty and love the LO.

    Be blessed,Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! Love the little bows!

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you slide them on like this they will make that flip flop sound. So they must still be flip flops! What a fun card, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha, ha, i can relate to that, fussing over little details. :-)
    Anyway, I think your card is FAB!
    Subtle, fun and flip flops, what more could one want?
    Enjoy your day!
    Bye from the Netherlands,

    Marjolein

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kim, those flip flop sandals are fab! Hope your weekend is a bit more relaxing! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. And that's why your cards are so wonderful - because you are so detail oriented! This is summery sweet and the flip flops are perfect! Don't worry that they are slip ons - we'll just call them slip slops!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well I don't know if there are "rules" for what constitutes a flip-flop for a card, but I want those, Kims! I can't stand those little thingies between my toes, so, seriously, I WANT those!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Don't do strappy things for big toes so these are the new improved version of flip flops, Kim ... and sooo pretty ... especially the bows! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic card Kim and I love your pretty flower flip flops.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful card Kim...adorable flip flops too, I would love a pair in size 8 please.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just adorable! Love the patterned flip flops. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card Kim! To me, any shoes that make the "flop flop" sound when you walk around are flip flops! So these qualify for sure! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous card, Kim. I would totally call them flip flops! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your card & the Lil' Inkers products you used. The "slides" look great to me! I want to feature your card for upcoming Trendy Tuesday summer theme post for the blog at Paper Crafters Library. You can ck out the blog here: http://blog.papercrafterslibrary.com/ The post will link back to your blog as well. If you do not wish to be featured, just let me know.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!