Sunday, June 16, 2013

CASology: Yellow and a Floral Hi

I've been wanting to play along with CASology all week with the cue card of "yellow".  I had actually planned on a bright sunshine card, but I got a different idea in my head when I got some new dies.

A Floral Hi

I love the Happy Hellos die from My Favorite Things - six different die cut hellos - from plain and simple fonts to fun scripts.  The flowers are the Flower and Leaf Trio which was the perfect size for tucking behind the sentiment.  Just one problem - the three flowers come as one big piece of metal so you can't easily create a negative die cut like this.  I scrounged in my husband's tool box and came up with a tool that worked beautifully - a Wiss MetalMaster (I had to find a link for you just in case you ever need to cut dies apart!)  On the other hand, if I had thought for just a minute - I have a dozen other flower dies that came separately - I really didn't need to cut this one apart!


  • Stamps: none
  • Paper: Papertrey Ink Lemon Tart
  • Ink: none
  • Accessories: My Favorite Things dies: Happy Hellos and Flower/Leaf Trio, Stampin' Up striped embossing folder, Queen & Co. Twinkle Goosebumps




17 comments:

  1. Simply stunning, I love it! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card KIm, TFS the tool for cutting the dies too. I prefer to use single dies as I can fit them onto scarps of paper more easily, so I'll be checking my hubbies tool box for some snips :) Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely butter yellow card! Beautiful! So glad you joined in on the fun at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. simply gorgeous and perfectly CAS! thanks so much for playing along with CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this take on the yellow cue word ~ the dies go perfectly together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kim, what a lovely soft yellow card base...and I love those hello/hi dies (thanks for the link!)! So glad you played along this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty - love the curvy sentiment and the idea of having the positive flowers in the negative cuts! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. how gorgeous is this!! Love the CAS design and those flowers and the die cut word is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sweet and pretty, Kim! Love what you did with the flowers!!!
    Thanks so much for joining us again at CASology! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is beautiful, Kim! love the soft yellow with those precious flowers:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have some dies I need to cut apart--can I send them to you? :) I just got this MFT die set, too, and I need to break it in. Love how you paired the soft yellow and white with golden accents!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty,+++ Love those dies, and the yellow, and the flower! Again, another day-brightening card!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Kim
    Love this card..... Gorgeous colour....
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!