Monday, January 10, 2011

I'm back!!

I'm sorry for my week-long absence (especially for those that have told me they look up my blog each day!!)  I actually have been working on cards - rather frantically and stressfully.  Remember all of those cards that I pushed through at the end of 2010 to make my goal of making sure that all of my Stampin' Up sets see ink.  As I was rushing through them, I would make the card, toss it to the side and move on to the next card.  Well...last Thursday and Friday were our monthly church cardmaking gathering (see the "label" list in the right column for more info), and I had to pull out each and every one of those cards and kit them.  That means I had to pull out all the papers, inks, stamps, punches, etc that I had used and then cut the papers to the correct size.  It took all week! Then over the weekend I was subbing as church pianist so had three services to prepare for and play. 

Now...I am free to play!!  And the perfect challenge came up for the SplitCoast CAS Challenge: A Day in the Snow.  It's perfect given that my children are still asleep because their schools are having a snow day.  (Kind of strange given that the skies are blue and that their schools are in the only major school district that closed in the Denver area!)

My snowy backyard:
This is a school snow day??!!  I can still see
my weeds through the snow and the
sky is blue!


My snowy card:

I had Valentines on the brain this morning and I was thrilled to see the link to this digital stamp on somebody else's blog this morning.  I immediately downloaded it and many other darling characters.  (This is the advantage to digis - instant gratification!!)
  • Stamps: Heather Ellis digistampcharacters, Stampin' Up Tiny Tags
  • Ink: copics
  • Paper: white
  • Accessories: misc heart gem on hat, ribbon from Creative Impressions, Cuttlebug heart folder, Impress Sparkle Glitter

I had two more cards recognized over the past week.  I love the little widgets that you get that I can add to my blog - makes me feel so pro!!  I would expect these moments of recognition to slow way down given that I won't be bombarding all of these challenges with cards.  I get to go back to my normal pace of 1 or 2 cards a day now that I am not challenging myself to use all of my stamps!

Now..assuming my children can entertain themselves (can you say "snow day" and "video games"?), I plan on cleaning up my craft corner.  I have some new stamps and supplies that came while I was working on my Stampin' Up cards and I want to get it all organized so that I can easily play a few more challenges!

See you soon!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back and congrats on your wins! That's awesome! I especially love the Happy Together card - that little chair is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Kim on more card awards. Your cards are so deserving. Love the winter card. Great snow effect. And ... did have a giggle at your "snow day" pic! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!