Sunday, January 2, 2011

...and now it's time for coffee!!!

If I were a more experienced blogger/computer person, I would have figured out a way to have fireworks going off all over your computer screen as you are viewing this post, because...I AM DONE!  Every Stampin' Up set that I own has seen ink!  (And...for the first time in my life...I have successfully completed a New Year's resolution...and only two days late!)

Before I get to the last two cards, let me say one more time - I LOVE challenges.  Today's Featured Stamper challenge at Splitcoast showcases a phenomenal gallery.  Whiterockmama's Gallery is just full of vivid colors surrounded by lots of white space.  I have never seen such bright and wonderfully colored cards with so much white on each card.  So...I have learned something...and now feel like a better cardmaker just because I had the privilege of viewing her gallery!

I didn't start out planning this (although I did figure it out in the last week), but my last two sets involve coffee.  Which is exactly what I am heading out for after this post.  I am treating myself to the most decadent Starbucks treat that I can buy!

Set 328 - Like It A Latte

NOTE: The mats are actually Always
Artichoke, but I have been completely
unable to get a good photo!

I CASed this card from her gallery.  I just love the little turned up corner!  And, as I have already gushed - I LOVE the white space!

The whipped cream is White Opal Liquid Pearls. The steam uses Stampin' Up's Frost White Shimmer Paint.  You can learn more about shimmer paint on this post.




Set 329 - Morning Cup


I CASed this card from her gallery.  The colors come from an old Curtain Call challenge which I had not played at the time (typically meaning that I was unable to make the colors work together!)  But her fantastic use of these colors made me try again.

I did use Spica glitter pens on various cups - this picture might show it a little better.



The other thing that "called to me" from whiterockmama's gallery was her use of lots of Verve stamps.  I do love Stampin' Up (as attested to by 329 stamp sets!), but I really miss my other stamps.  So my plan now is to have a great cup of coffee, perhaps spend some leisurely time cleaning up my nightmare of a craft desk, probably while watching a chick-flick (I'll give the boys extra video game time!), and by tomorrow I'll be ready to play Splitcoast's CAS challenge - probably with a different brand of stamp.

But never fear if you are here for Stampin' Up cards, I have a huge wishlist from the new mini and sale-a-bration catalogs!!

Like It A Latte
  • Stamps: Stampin' Up Like It a Latte
  • Inks: Stampin' Up Chocolate, Cajun, Bashful Blue
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Always Artichoke, white
  • Accessories: White Opal Liquid Pearls, Stampin' Up Frost White Shimmer Paint, nesties long rectangle and scalloped rectangle, Sizzix embossing folder (from a birthday set), Stampin' Up button and oval/scalloped oval punches
  • Challenges: Curtain Call Color Challenge

Morning Cup
  • Stamps: Stampin' Up Morning Cup, Happy Harmony (already counted!)
  • Inks: Memento Black, copics
  • Paper: black and white
  • Accessories: Cuttlebug embossing folder, misc gingham ribbon

3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Colorado Kim...and a BIG CONGRATS! You are such an inspiration to me and many others I'm sure. I bet I haven't actually stamped on 50% of the stamp sets I own -- maybe only 30%. Its a good thing my husband can't see this. Now that I see you have met your goal, your NY Resolution, perhaps there is hope for me too. My son will be leaving for college in 3 weeks and since he will live on campus (although its only 1 hr away) maybe I will set a few goals for myself too -- some organizational goals and some stamping goals! Give yourself a giant hug -- YOU DID IT! Sandy (redstampinsam) in Lodi, CA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning ... off to visit Whiterockmama's gallery! Congrats on achieving your goal. What perseverance & dedication! I do hope that Starbucks WAS the most decadent ... because you deserved it! Hugs xxaxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute cards Kim! Thank you for playing both Curtain Call combos with us!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!