Before I get to the last two cards, let me say one more time - I LOVE challenges. Today's Featured Stamper challenge at Splitcoast showcases a phenomenal gallery. Whiterockmama's Gallery is just full of vivid colors surrounded by lots of white space. I have never seen such bright and wonderfully colored cards with so much white on each card. So...I have learned something...and now feel like a better cardmaker just because I had the privilege of viewing her gallery!
I didn't start out planning this (although I did figure it out in the last week), but my last two sets involve coffee. Which is exactly what I am heading out for after this post. I am treating myself to the most decadent Starbucks treat that I can buy!
Set 328 - Like It A Latte
|NOTE: The mats are actually Always|
Artichoke, but I have been completely
unable to get a good photo!
I CASed this card from her gallery. I just love the little turned up corner! And, as I have already gushed - I LOVE the white space!
The whipped cream is White Opal Liquid Pearls. The steam uses Stampin' Up's Frost White Shimmer Paint. You can learn more about shimmer paint on this post.
Set 329 - Morning Cup
I CASed this card from her gallery. The colors come from an old Curtain Call challenge which I had not played at the time (typically meaning that I was unable to make the colors work together!) But her fantastic use of these colors made me try again.
I did use Spica glitter pens on various cups - this picture might show it a little better.
The other thing that "called to me" from whiterockmama's gallery was her use of lots of Verve stamps. I do love Stampin' Up (as attested to by 329 stamp sets!), but I really miss my other stamps. So my plan now is to have a great cup of coffee, perhaps spend some leisurely time cleaning up my nightmare of a craft desk, probably while watching a chick-flick (I'll give the boys extra video game time!), and by tomorrow I'll be ready to play Splitcoast's CAS challenge - probably with a different brand of stamp.
But never fear if you are here for Stampin' Up cards, I have a huge wishlist from the new mini and sale-a-bration catalogs!!
Like It A Latte
- Stamps: Stampin' Up Like It a Latte
- Inks: Stampin' Up Chocolate, Cajun, Bashful Blue
- Paper: Stampin' Up Always Artichoke, white
- Accessories: White Opal Liquid Pearls, Stampin' Up Frost White Shimmer Paint, nesties long rectangle and scalloped rectangle, Sizzix embossing folder (from a birthday set), Stampin' Up button and oval/scalloped oval punches
- Stamps: Stampin' Up Morning Cup, Happy Harmony (already counted!)
- Inks: Memento Black, copics
- Paper: black and white
- Accessories: Cuttlebug embossing folder, misc gingham ribbon
- Challenges: Curtain Call Color Challenge