Saturday, January 1, 2011

The Penultimate Post!!

I LOVE the word "penultimate".  What a fancy way to say "next to the last"!!

No, it's not my "next to the last" ever post.  I just started this blog on Nov. 13th of this year last year (2010!).  I plan on blogging for quite awhile to come.

But it's my "next to the last" post for my 2010 goal of making sure that all of my SU sets see ink!!


Set 327 - Thanks for Everything


Wasn't it nice of Our Creative Corner to do a Thank You challenge when one of my few remaining sets was a thank you set??!!  It was a very unique challenge - must be a Thank You, must use a blue and cream color palette, AND must use vellum and metal.  Check...check...and..check!!

FYI:  The background is double-embossed, which I LOVE to do.  First emboss with the polka dot folder, then emboss with the butterflies - the hint of polka dots remain for a very unique look.  Any combination of folders can work, although I prefer a plain, regular pattern for the first folder.  It's very fun to play with and to see what comes out the other end of the Cuttlebug!

I do want to thank everybody for all of your encouragement as I worked through my goal.  There have been so many wonderful comments on SplitCoast and on this blog.  The only reason that I am going to make it through all of my sets is that you all were so supportive.  The world of cardmakers is a wonderful place to be!
  • Stamps: Stampin' Up Thanks for Everything
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Marina Mist, Versamark
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Marina Mist, Very Vanilla, misc polka dot vellum
  • Accessories: Martha Stewart butterfly punch, Stampin' Up Scalloped Border Punch, detail silver embossing powder, brushed silver brads, Cuttlebug polka dot folder AND the butterfly folder (It's a European Exclusive folder - but you can get them at http://www.cropstop.com/
  • Challenges: Our Creative Corner Thank You Recipe Challenge

There have been multiple posts today so keep reading...

4 comments:

  1. Kim what a pretty card! I love your simple layout! Thanks for playing along with 'Our Creative Corner' this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the double embossing, I am inspired to try this now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy the OCC could accommodate your remaining stamp set with our Thank You challenge - LOL! Your card is really wonderful and I am very intrigued by your double embossing technique - it's a new concept to me, but seems like fun. It certainly made for a beautiful background on your card! Terrific job on the challenge. We're very pleased that you could join in the fun with us this week at Our Creative Corner. Hope to see lots more of you in 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim, this is just a lovely card! I love your embossing and vellum touches. You did a great job with the thank you recipe challenge! We're so glad you played along with us this week! Hope you'll come again soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!