Monday, January 3, 2011

CAS with Kissing

Hmmm...I spent the morning "kissing"...and my husband is out of town!!??

The Splitcoast CAS Challenge this morning was "kissing".  This is simply inking one stamp and then...before stamping onto paper...stamping onto that stamp with a second stamp to leave a shadow of an image.  Then it goes onto paper.  The second stamp can be uninked in which case it removes some of the ink from the first stamp (which is what I did here), or the second stamp can be inked with a contrasting color.


My intent was that the brown swirl just shows as a "shadow" on the bird.  This picture shows it a little better.



The flaw in my plan was that you need a swirl image that has a mirror image swirl (which my PaperTrey Fancy Flourishes set happily had!)  The mirror image swirl is used on the bird.  Then I had to mask the bird (with something see-through), then I had to line up the original swirl so that the lines matched.  Maybe not so simple, but it is definitely clean!
  • Stamps: PaperTrey Bird Watching, Fancy Flourishes, Verve sentiment
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Baja, Suede
  • Paper: white, Suede
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up embossing folder, Baja seam binding, Antique brad

-----------------------

I was getting a lot of e-mail notices yesterday that various people had left comments on my cards in my SplitCoast Gallery.  I didn't check any of them - after stamping my fingers off finishing up my 2010 goal to use all of my SU sets, I definitely wanted a break from anything stamping-related.  But I did notice that a number of them were on VERY old cards.

This morning I started reading the comments and I got the thrill of my year - I have been mentioned on the SplitCoast CAS Best of 2010 thread with these cards.  Here are the cards that were mentioned along with the link to the gallery if you want more details.












This card was mentioned in the "regular" (not CAS) 2010 favorites.  I was a little embarrased by this mention because the card was a fairly blatant CASE!!



Now...I am going to wake up the last child to get him back to school (my first child is in by 7:30, this one doesn't go in until 9:00).  Then I am going for a long walk.  Then I am going to settle back in and look at all the other cards mentioned on this CAS Best of 2010 thread because each and every one gives me something to CASE!!!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kim!
    Congrats on the SCS mention! You must be tickled pink! I haven't loaded much in SCS ... due to time constraints ... but am keen to go take a look as you suggested! These are all stunning ... and well deserving of a mention! Hugs xxaxx
    PS Sorry it has been a little while since I visited ... but my internet is driving me insane! (Say no more!) wink

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi again! Just popping by to check that you got your invitation to INKspirations 4U? Hope to see you soon! Hugs xxaxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards, very deserving of a mention!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!